Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Experimental Board Carrier

Great, lesson learned. Thank you.
    One quick question though. Do I have my touch holes drilled in the wrong side?

Darn, you do. I did not even notice. If you carve a project more that 1/2" deep, it will go through the depth find and you will need the holes on the other side. No hole = z stall.

Ok, yea I though so. I didn't catch my mistake until I was using it this first time. I'll try to VERY CAREFULLY drill holes into the other side and close the wrong ones up.

Today I was going make an Oreo and I modified the pattern to include cutting them out. I loaded the board into the carrier and answering all of the prompts when it came time to begin the carve I received a message "ensure sliding plate set, retry/abort"
    I checked the sliding plate and it was tight against the inside of the carrier side. I then aborted took the carrier out put it back and tried again with the same results. could this have anything to do with doing a cutout? I've used the carrier successfully on other projects and never ran into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverfoot View Post
    Today I was going make an Oreo and I modified the pattern to include cutting them out. I loaded the board into the carrier and answering all of the prompts when it came time to begin the carve I received a message "ensure sliding plate set, retry/abort"
    I checked the sliding plate and it was tight against the inside of the carrier side. I then aborted took the carrier out put it back and tried again with the same results. could this have anything to do with doing a cutout? I've used the carrier successfully on other projects and never ran into this?
    This is the message you get if there is no touch block on the sliding plate side of the carrier. After touching the block on the keypad side, the machine expects to touch the sliding plate on the other side. My first guess to what went wrong is that you have the touch block on the left but not the one on the right.

(Note that the sliding plate message has nothing to do with the actual sliding plate when using the carrier. We are fooling the machine with the touch blocks.)

Ok, if I understand correctly the bit needs to touch the touch block on the far side of the carrier.
    When going through it's touches, the bit dipped into the hole on the far side then moved outside the carrier to touch the touch block. it went down but was about an 1/8 of an inch short of touching. Could it be that I have my board set in the carrier incorrectly? I just put a board in without adjusting the height because the last time I used it I was using the same thickness board. Maybe I need to check my set up?

Do you have the blocks on the right sides? The lower block goes on the keypad side and the higher block on the sliding plate side.

If your previous projects did not carve deeper than 1/2", the machine would not have gone through the board thickness - sliding plate touch procedure. That may be why this project is different.

I had to run out to the shop and check. Yup, that's it. oops.
    Don't know what to say other than I didn't read the instructions properly.
    Thank you.

Don't feel alone, I did the same thing.

Dan
    All of my previous times using the carrier were on a machine with rubber belts, I would like to start using another machine that I have that has the sand paper belts.
    Are there any problems with doing that?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast