Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    Very nice! What caliber is the rifle?

Promontory Point, Utah . . . flew over there several times when I was taking my private pilot training out of Ogden (Hill AFB Aero Club) back in '68.
    Not even sure, don't know if it's being made yet or not, like I said it's two years away. I may contact the company and see if there are any templates they have or anything that will help. If I at least have the shape that will give me a starting point. Thanks for all the help everyone!
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    Not even sure, don't know if it's being made yet or not, like I said it's two years away. I may contact the company and see if there are any templates they have or anything that will help. If I at least have the shape that will give me a starting point. Thanks for all the help everyone!

When you're ready to start planning your layout here's a process you may find helpful, this is what I did on the Winchester project to show my friend the design concept(s) I had in mind.

1st - Acquire a good picture of the specific model rifle (mfg website is a good place) and the OAL of the rifle as well.

2nd- Import the picture into Designer and make it a pattern.

3rd - Make up a board in Designer for the project and import the rifle pattern.

4th - Draw a line on the board to match the OAL length of the rifle and size the picture to proper scale.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap 2015-03-22 at 22.18.49.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	75109
    (This was about the final layout . . . . but only one of five different ones I designed.)

Now you can design your layout with carvings/text and so forth. Print copies of different ideas and it's a good way to compare and/or get input from others.

Good luck with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12