Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ChrisAlb - Chris Albrecht could use some help

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    Thanks... I didn't intend to hijack your thread if that's what you thought. It's awesome that everyone has helped this person. It seems that these campaigns have a lot to do with who your friends are. I posted mine on a couple of the local "buy sell trade" groups on facebook. Got some well wishers, but also got a lot of negative comments. People saying that I was just doing this to beg money from people and stuff like that.

One day I hope that I will be able to fix the problem. As with everything, I figure if God wants me to have it, then I will. Again, kudos to you for posting this and to those that have helped this gentleman. We all need help from time to time.
    Hi Darren,

We don't know each other but then, we don't have to. In time, I'm sure we will. You haven't hijacked anything sir. While I've never even heard of Go Fund Me prior to my buddy in England having started this for me, I do have a little experience in organizing charity events. Albeit never online and never with Facebook. I only have a Facebook account so I can keep tabs on my step kids. Always puts a smile on my face to see what they're up to. Ok, sometimes it scares me a little too! ... LOL

So I'm learning as I go now that Stu has placed it in my hands. If I can, and once this house deal is over, I'd be most happy to help you if possible. Feel free to PM me here but as I wrote in my previous post, please forgive me if I can't respond right away. I wish the best for you going forward. Together we can stand stronger.
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Chris,

We all wish you the very best and when the time is right look forward to seeing your New CW Projects and Patterns again.

Darren,

Thank you for your service to our Country. I have some suggestions as a Retired Navy Chief. In my area I have seen a few TV stories of Vets getting assistance from many Service Groups from Churches to the Habbitat Groups.

My suggestion is to start a Letter and eMail project sending your needs to every Service Group around and include the Elected and Township People along with every Vet Orginization. Send both eMail and US Mail to each and include the Trade Orginizations like the local Builder's Groups and even the Churches.

With a project like yours, even the proper paperwork and permits and inspections will need to be done properly to avoid future problems.

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Darren,

I was very fortunate in that my injury was job related and I had family support.
    This led me to only know about Workers' Comp, Social security, and insurance.
    Since then I have found that there are all sorts of organizations out there.
    One example is http://www.maywehelp.org/ that I just heard of recently.
    Also, vocational schools sometimes look for projects.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Chris,

We all wish you the very best and when the time is right look forward to seeing your New CW Projects and Patterns again.

AL
    Big AL!

Been really nice getting back in touch with you my friend. Been far too long. I had the pleasure of talking to Floyd the other day as well. If not for being so free of sawdust, it almost feels as though I never left. Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone.

Not sure when/if I'll be able to do any actual carving but hopefully I'll land under a roof at some point and be able to start making patterns again. I'm sure it'll take some time to get up to speed with the new formats and all. My XP desktop system that I did designs on hasn't been turned on in years. Been chomping at the bit to get my hands on some of the latest design software as well. It seems I've become the student once again. I figure when the time is right I'll start out learning the way I did the first time round. By helping others with their pattern needs. Practice makes perfect and we can always use some beta testers ... eh?

Just now getting things packed up as I can. Got a moving outfit to take it all to a self storage unit in Montague. They'll be here on the 26th so much to do before then. Going to be pretty tough seeing this place go. It's hard to image it was 37 years ago my Dad designed this house and he, my eldest brother and I built it. Wow! I feel old .. er ....LOL
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I will check it out.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I will check it out.
    I believe this is the best option as a home upgrade gets lots of Positive PR from and for the groups... Even try posting your needs at the local Lumber Company.

I would send everything via email and US Mail then do it all again in 3 months until you are all set... The right people just need to see your NEED....

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12