Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ChrisAlb - Chris Albrecht could use some help

Default ChrisAlb - Chris Albrecht could use some help

Just received this and wanted to post it so that you could consider it.

The link was started by Stu, a friend of Chris's, http://www.gofundme.com/nouzj0

Thanks
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Beat me to it... was writing a email...

Chris was living near me in the early years with my CW and has since moved to help his Parents. We have stayed in touch over the years. He was one of the early Pattern Makers and we had some FUN doing some Summer Camp projects years ago.

Here are some of his designs made from scratch with just a photo of the logo. A true Artist in my opinion.

Help if you can.

AL

Some posts from the past:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ft-Show-Season

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...e-to-say-hello
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CA4_WEB.jpg   CA3_WEB.jpg   CA8_WEB.jpg   CA11_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-07-2015 at 04:02 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Chris was one of the best members and we've had/got many. He was always there to offer his expertise whether patterns or machine. Have missed him and often wondered where he had disappeared too. Sorry to find out life has dealt him such rough times, hopefully those that can help will and he will get needed support. Life can change for each of us in the blink of an eye.
    Best,
    Rick H

Chris was one of the early mentors for us all on making patterns and the machine. We all benefited from his skills and even had a time or two of butting heads with him. A good man down deep and proven very well what he will do/give up to help out others. I hope this effort helps him get back on track.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

We all need help at one time or another. So sorry to hear that hard times has fallen upon someone that gave so much to so many over the years. He helped me so much when I first bought my CarveWright by just sharing his knowledge with me and here on the forum. Praying for you Chris.

I tried that but didn't get very far. http://www.gofundme.com/help_darren
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Darren,

First I thank you for your servive to our Country.
    I am sorry that your GoFundMe did poorly.
    I hope that you have resolved the problem with your bathroom, I know that can be difficult.

As was expressed previously, Chris gave a lot to this forum and the people on it.
    That is why I posted his GoFundMe here.

I would appreciate it if others continue to help in any they can.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

- Thomas Jefferson

- Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by DocWheeler View Post
    Darren,

First I thank you for your servive to our Country.
    I am sorry that your GoFundMe did poorly.
    I hope that you have resolved the problem with your bathroom, I know that can be difficult.

As was expressed previously, Chris gave a lot to this forum and the people on it.
    That is why I posted his GoFundMe here.

I would appreciate it if others continue to help in any they can.
    Thanks... I didn't intend to hijack your thread if that's what you thought. It's awesome that everyone has helped this person. It seems that these campaigns have a lot to do with who your friends are. I posted mine on a couple of the local "buy sell trade" groups on facebook. Got some well wishers, but also got a lot of negative comments. People saying that I was just doing this to beg money from people and stuff like that.

One day I hope that I will be able to fix the problem. As with everything, I figure if God wants me to have it, then I will. Again, kudos to you for posting this and to those that have helped this gentleman. We all need help from time to time.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

I want to personally thank the forum members that have be so generous.
    Chris has been informed that he must be "out of the house" in seventeen days.
    To survive in this weather, the amount received will be very helpful.

I am posting this link again to try to attract a few more folks to help Chris.
    http://www.gofundme.com/nouzj0
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

- Thomas Jefferson

- Mohandas Gandhi

Hey everyone,

I've just recently found out about this thread. Thank you so much for starting it Ken.

Where does an old woodworking dog even begin to say thank you for the help and more importantly, the love? Hard to fit this much emotion in three little words but, THANK YOU ALL!

I've missed you all so much and it's far less than comfortable for me to post here again under these conditions. Sometimes life has a way of unfolding in ways we least expect or are prepared for. Just when you feel helpless and alone with no place to turn, the true hearts of this world emerge to show us how wrong we can be about that. I always knew we carpenter/woodworkers were a "cut" above the rest ... lol

You old dogs here know what a blabber keyboard I can be and suddenly, I honestly don't have proper words for how I feel this very moment. Please know how deeply you've touched me and how much you're all helping me, to help my mom. She's what this is all about since May of 2012. I know if she could, she'd thank you each personally. The next time I get to see her I will tell her all about this. She already knows most of you from tales of days gone by. Yep! I'm a blabber "mouth" too.

The next 15 days will be exceptionally busy trying to empty her home for the closing on March 27th. So please forgive me in advance for not posting much over that time. I WILL try to do my best to keep in touch and update as things progress from here. I get up at 3am EST and go to bed at midnight. So if I post it will likely be around the time I get up. Need those first few cups of coffee to get rolling anyway ... lol

Having spent my life working and organizing charity drives for a whole host of causes, I know first hand the power in numbers. I've learned we need not pray for miracles. When good people get together we can MAKE them happen at will. I have been both blessed and honored to know the feeling and see the results first hand. Although I never imagined being on this side of the equation. I now know how the folks we've helped feel. Truly humbling and deeply moving.

I sure hope you're all having a blast carving. Seems like some really nice new toys and software have come along since I was here. I still have my original CW and although I've no place to use it, it still runs like a top! I'm holding faith that one day I'll be able to carve, create patterns and rejoin this wonderful community again. You folks are the best!!

Anyway, getting a bit choked up here so I better stop for now. Wishing you the very best. God Bless you.

Chris
    Christopher Neil Albrecht
    Occasional Carvings
    Just A Flowing With The Grain

Ver. 1.187 on XP Pro Desktop
    Ver. 1.187 on Win. 7/64 Laptop

Patterns At The Depot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast