Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lock Handle

Great, glad to hear your back in the game. jaroot you should use this feature, it does serve a major purpose, as it holds the head to keep it for moving from vibration during the carving process. The machine will run and carve without using the clamp and will even carve well like this, but I would hate to find out after a long carve that the head vibrated down and destroyed the carve. I recommend locking the head.

Thanks for your suggestion. I used to get real worried about it when I would notice that I had forgotten to set it. However years ago Al Who suggested that it wasn't a big deal and with about 500 hours of carving I've never had a problem with the head vibrating down. We have experienced just about every other "error" in the book. We don't use it as much any more, which is why I've not been as active on the forum, but we still find things now and then to carve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    Great, glad to hear your back in the game. jaroot you should use this feature, it does serve a major purpose, as it holds the head to keep it for moving from vibration during the carving process. The machine will run and carve without using the clamp and will even carve well like this, but I would hate to find out after a long carve that the head vibrated down and destroyed the carve. I recommend locking the head.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12