Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy Offset

1. Default Copy Offset

Hi, I am new to the board but not new to carvewright.

I am having a problem with designer locking up and not responding every time I try to use the copy offset tool. I am running a MAC with Yosemite. I also have an issue with the text tool being extremely slow. It has locked the app up a few times as well.

Other than these two issues I have not noticed any other issues including speed with any other parts of the application.

I was wondering if there were other MAC users and if they had experienced any similar issues.

Greg

Send an email to support. I will send you the fix or do a search here for Yosemite.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Send an email to support. I will send you the fix or do a search here for Yosemite.
    Connie,

You must eat, sleep, and dream CarveWright! Looks like you responded to this customer at about 7 AM your time. You are fantastic and greatly appreciated!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

4. Default

I had sent an email to support last night before posting here. I did find the app nap and accessibility changes which did fix my issue with the Text Tool. However it had no effect on the copy offset tool. The app still locks up as soon as I click that button.

5. Default

I've had no luck and support has not gotten back to me yet. I did downgrade and install the 1.187 version of the app and it has the same issue.

Has anyone gotten the copy offset tool to work under mac with any version of the app or any version of the os?

I also tried running the old version as a demo under parallels. The app actually run better and faster under parallels than the native app does on OS X. The copy offset tool however is not available under the demo version.

I might consider just running under parallels but I will need to get my licenses redone. Before I do that has anyone used the copy offset tool using the windows version running under parallels?

I have not had problems with the offset on mountain lion. Text is slow depending on the size of the project file and textures etc….
    I do occasionally experience lock ups, I usually get it to work on the second try.
    I have not upgraded to yosemite yet so I could not say about it.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

We have identified an issue with Copy Offset not working on Maverick & Yosemite. We will work towards a solution for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    We have identified an issue with Copy Offset not working on Maverick & Yosemite. We will work towards a solution for this issue.
    /
    Has there been a patch for this yet?
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Default Paging Metallus

Too bad, we can't tag people.... Metallus!!! where are you? I'll send him a link to this post.

If he has, it won't come out until our next update and I don't know when that would be.

i was afraid of that... wishing I hadn't updated to Yosemite, but needed to for other apps. I have time machine so I can go back.
    Brent

OS X Yosemite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast