Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dragon steam punk themed cabinet

Very well done, Oscar. All the work you did is quite evident in the final results. You should be proud of your talents...
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

beautiful job, you obviously used many different techniques to put it all together, from the feet to the sides to the hinges to the top. An all around great job.

dave

Oscar,

Outstanding job sir! Even with out a full plan you sure did PUNK this out!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thank you all for the kind words. It was a fun trip but I think I have an addiction. I am already thinking what my next project is going to be. Maybe...pendulum clock???

Very nice work. I'm sure it will be enjoyed for many years!
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Thank you all for the kind words. It was a fun trip but I think I have an addiction. I am already thinking what my next project is going to be. Maybe...pendulum clock???
    Fantastic Job!!!!
    I agree with you on your improvement points.
    I use scetchup to draw 90% of my projects before I start.
    It helps me to do material take off, design and think it through before I ever turn a tool on.

I too have considered a pendulum clock, you will probably beat me to it.
    I was looking at doing one that the clock itself is the pendulum.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Brent,

I can't wait to see your pendulum clock. I've started planning mine but it will be a more traditional wall clock design. I will be using more traditional tools and just use the CW for the rosettes or other carved design features that I think I will do as appliques for speed purposes. If I plan it right it should be an easy weekend project. I still have to order the clock portion which I think I will use a quartz electric clock instead of mechanical so won't be this weekend. I seem to forget to wind up my mechanical clocks more often than not. This way a set of batteries should last a year at least I hope. I will be using plans I develop this time and I am also using blender to play with the proportions to see what I like. Still in the design phase but this is what I have so far. I am still not quite happy with the proportions. I'll post the final clock when complete in the finished furniture section.

Regards
    Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pendulum clock v1.jpg  

Didn't want to start a new thread for just a some practice pieces so I'll just throw any dragon themed patterns in here. This is sculpting practice piece. Trying to get faster if not good yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW dragon eye.png   dragon head.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456