Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Navy Ashore Command Pin…….can't find anywhere

1. Default

Finally got time today since I was off work due to the snow……the pattern carved perfectly. Thanks again for the assist on this one.

This is the beginning stages of a combination Chief Cutlass and Officer sword display.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	74827Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	74828

Al, next time place a circle or rectangle around the scepter and set a depth to the pattern depth ( see image attached). This will drop the background between the forks down to the level of the pattern, removing the high places. It looks great, very nice work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails example.jpg  
    Last edited by eelamb; 03-05-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Al, next time place a circle or rectangle around the scepter and set a depth to the pattern depth ( see image attached). This will drop the background between the forks down to the level of the pattern, removing the high places. It looks great, very nice work.
    Now why didn't I think of that…haha. I read about that in one of the tips articles but failed to connect the two. Thanks so much. I have another different but similar carve to do and this will work perfectly. Thank you again.

4. Default

So the more I look at what I carved, the more it bothers me. I think I will paint the outlines of the pin in black and paint the pin gold. I had thought about painting anyway but think this is probably the best way to go to take my eyes off those center cutout areas. More to follow….

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12