Thread: My recent carvings

1. Default My recent carvings

Here are a few carvings i've done for my father in law. He is a great wood craftsman, and I make his pieces that much better. The Goose Plaque was for myself and something I did alone. He had me carve the eagle in his entertainment center. And the Buck carving is a coffee table that we put a piece of glass over so it was a flush surface. I don't have a pick with the glass but you get the idea.

Vector art 3d patterns
    proud owner of buck, goose, turkey, elk, panda, eagle
    thinking on getting the $499 pattern

Trailblazzzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eagle ent center.JPG   goose plaque.JPG   buck close.JPG   buck coffee table.JPG  

Trailblazer,

Those are simply outstanding.

Bob

Thumbs up

trailblazer

Great carvings, gotta love those Vector Art Patterns, I bought a few myself.

Ken
    Last edited by Kenm810; 03-06-2007 at 05:35 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

All 3 look great. I especially like the use of the eagle on the display case. I can't wait until VA3D gets it into a scene.

I think you will really enjoy the scenes you will get with the Animal Collection. They add just that much more pizzazz to each carving (and not much extra time - 12" tall Deer Scene 1:08:00, 12" tall Deer 3 alone 1:05:00).
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

It all looks great, It reminds me of a friends walnut desk he hand carved an eagle for the center pocket and put flocking around it, then a 1/4" glass top. I was always jealous of his carvings, not any more.
    Wow I just had a thought, maybe I can borrow some of his carvings to scan once my probe gets delivered, I am sure he would be very happy to share /show off his artwork.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

6. Default

Great table. Is it only 15" wide? Looks larger. Did you add width after carving? Again, great job.