Thread: Bad carving

1. Default Bad carving

Any ideas why my carving is coming out like this. Started carving right, skipped about one inch and then continued. I unloaded the piece and immediately carved another project with no issues.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Brass roller O ring rubbing on front rubber belt? Press down the brass roller by hand and see how close the O ring comes to the belt.

3. Default

Just did that. Looks like it comes pretty close. I don't see a video or anything that explains how to fix this.

Loosen the two small Phillips screws which hold down the squaring plate (the screws near the posts) and you may be able to push the plate back a smidgin. The brass roller will move back with it.

5. Default

Appreciate the help. Any idea why I was able to carve another project with no issues.

6. Default

Appreciate the help. Any idea why I was able to carve a separate project with no issues.

Like Al says.. Masking tape.. I had these issues every once-n-a-while. Then I, thanks to a tip from Al, started putting a single length wise strip of masking tape on the edge of the piece that touches the brass roller. I have not had a single skip since then.

Hope Al's tip helps..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac