Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pierced not fully piercing - in Designer 3.102

Default Pierced not fully piercing - in Designer 3.102

This seems like it should be idiot proof but apparently not. I have attempted to use the pierce feature to cutout around a plaque but in the designer software the plaque is not fully cut out. Board thickness @ 0.75" and the outer most region selected and the pierced box checked. Flip the board over to the rear side and it cuts out fully down one side and partially down the rounded corner then fades away completely. The other end shows a imprint of a line as if the cutout is almost thru the board but not enough to completely cut out until it reaches the rounded corner which does show to cut fully through the board. The remaining side has no indication of cutting at all. When the file was ran on the machine, the results are basically as shown on the software screen.

When pierced is unchecked the depth shows as 0.758", but it is blanked out when pierced is checked. Attached is a screen snapshot to better explain what I am talking about. The bottom object is selected showing that it is fact a pierced carving, then the board was flipped to the rear to show what is happening. Real world results with carving machine is the same.

Please advise what to do, or what I maybe doing wrong.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen snapshot 2-22-15.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	74619

What happens if you apply floor feather to the pattern?

Smile Not on the level

Maybe the monitor isn't level

I could not resist!
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Shame on you Doc, it is his first post! LOL (It was funny though!)

Mike, you joined in the start of 2007 and this is your first post! You have been around longer than Doc.

Am I missing something? Why not use the 'Cutout' feature?
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

If it is not the floor feather, maybe you could post the mpc and we can have a look. (Go Advanced and Manage Attachments)

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Mike, you joined in the start of 2007 and this is your first post! You have been around longer than Doc.
    The day I got my machine (from Sears) I tried it to make sure it did work - 1 test run of 30 minutes. It has sat unused for years and I finally decided it was "time". I have a Universal Laser ILS laser engraver also that was purchased in 2008 that has taken most of my at home time since I got it. We have dual laser cartridges 60 watt (ordered with originally) and last year added a second 75 watt cartridge for a total of 135 watts. Largest machine ULS makes with a 24" x 48" table size, and we have done a good deal with it. I wanted to get back to working with thicker material and got the Carvewright out again. I have ran it about 8 hours these last couple weeks but have to run it outside due to cuttings it makes. Laser doesn't make anything but smoke, which is handled with a 3.5 HP Penn State dust collector modified for the laser.

Anyway, yea I feel you. Hadn't been here since 2007 when I got the system until now. Lots of things different about this and the laser. I am use to Corel Draw. Laser sees black and white too, but in reverse of this software. Kind of backwards from what I have done for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    What happens if you apply floor feather to the pattern?
    hasn't made any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEJ View Post
    Am I missing something? Why not use the 'Cutout' feature?
    Why do I need to do that? Already carving the plaque out, and didn't see any reason to change the bit and do that as a extra step when the carving bit is already there to start with. Extra step and time that don't have to be done to get the same end result.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast