Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Key Spouse Logo??

Question Key Spouse Logo??

Any have or seen a Key Spouse pattern?

My Chief threw me a curve, and of course, challenge accepted.

Found this on the web, but low-res and very pixelated....

Flying....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails keyspouse.png  

- Ken
    Later model "B" Machine with CarveTight and Rubber belt upgrades
    RNB Model "A" Dust Collection, Scanning Probe, Rotary Jig
    Designer 3, Conforming Vectors, STL Importer, DXF Importer, Rotary, Basic, Pattern Editor (Probe), Advanced 3D, Centerline

A quick work up in the pattern editor. Done in 1.187. You can extract the patterns out of the mpc. One is with text and other is without so you can use your own.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Default Key Spouse Logo Assist

I am looking for a bit of assistance. I am trying to add text to the design that fwharris posted. Unfortunately, I am having problems. I am also trying to cut out the key patter, but I don't see any tabs, so I am not sure they are actually there. Any assistance is appreciated.
    Thanks!

You're using the cut path tool, so it automatically adds tabs (you have it set to a minimum of 7 tabs, with 7 tabs per foot of the outline). It just doesn't show the tabs in designer, and there's no way to know exactly where they will be placed. If you want to add manual tabs, change the cut path to an assigned bit, and assign the 1/8" cutting bit (or whatever bt you desire) - then you can draw manual tabs exactly where you want them, and click the tab tool to adjust the depth/shape of the tabs.

What issues are you running into with the text?
    - Ken
    Designer 3, Conforming Vectors, STL Importer, DXF Importer, Rotary, Basic, Pattern Editor (Probe), Advanced 3D, Centerline

Quote Originally Posted by karossii View Post
    If you want to add manual tabs, change the cut path to an assigned bit, and assign the 1/8" cutting bit (or whatever bt you desire) - then you can draw manual tabs exactly where you want them, and click the tab tool to adjust the depth/shape of the tabs.
    Sorry to correct you karossii but the manual tabs only work if the piece is cut out as part of the carving process (as in pierced carvings). An assigned bit will cut out the manual tabs.

I have only done it a few times, so maybe I mistakenly did something else to make it work, but I know I have assigned a bit at full depth and then added tabs, in the past. (And that the tabs held...)

I would definitely yield to your judgement, a sI rarely play with manual tabs. But somehow I had it work for me in the past.
    - Ken

Thank you!
    I am having issues with the text on the circle. I can not get it to center correctly, so when I did my test cut, it did not cut correctly. I am not sure if the text size was too small or if the setting were out of whack. Thanks for your advice and assistance.
    Dev

I played with it a little. I changed the arcs to bezier curves to make the text fit the oval better. (Note the ovals for reference.) I decreased the height of the text. I made the cutout multi pass because that is what I would do. (There will be tabs even though they do not show in Designer.)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingemt View Post
    Any have or seen a Key Spouse pattern?

My Chief threw me a curve, and of course, challenge accepted.

Found this on the web, but low-res and very pixelated....

Flying....
    Is this what pattern you are looking for???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails USAF KEY SPOUSE Pattern File CW.PNG  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 02-25-2017 at 11:47 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast