Thread: Frustrations with error messages and shut downs

Default Frustrations with error messages and shut downs

Rant:

Some of you may have read my post about issues with one of my machines which was recently returned to me from CW after repairs, diagnostics, and "tune-up". (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...s-with-project) I am still having issues with that machine, although not the same issues. A multitude of problems have plagued all three machines that I recently got back from CW. I am not blaming CW repair staff for the issues, but I have been unable to complete even one project on any of these machines without some type of error message, x/y axis fail, fatal error, tracking error during carve, etc. It is getting very frustrating to try to get projects completed when you can't make it through a 20 minute carve without starting over. One project is a six hour carve wich I have started five times (with several messages during carving) only to get a "must-stop" error with 10-30 minutes left to carve every time (but never the same message). Not to mention the amount of money lost in lumber which is all high end walnut, bubinga, Wenge, etc. I am not new to this machine as I have been using them since 2009. I love what the machine can do, that's why I have 5 of them, none of these projects are new and I have carved them successfully in the past. After spending over $1000 to have three machines "tuned-up" at CW, I am seriously debating whether to send in the othe two for the same. Sorry, had to vent. Maybe there is a new formula in how they make these machines.

Rant over

I can appreciate a rant to let off steam. Let us know when you want to address the issues of each machine.

For example, your rear roller issue is very common and caused by rough shipping. There is an L shaped switch on the roller that gets knocked out of whack. Call us a tech can walk you through the fix.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks Lynn, I got that one fixed fairly easily. However the Fatal error ( 03)... messages and x/y axis errors are killing me because it is not like you can just log the error and move on with the project. The machines are clean and well lubed, but continue to frustrate the heck out of me lately. I have had more issues in the past two weeks than I had in the previous 4 years.

Sometimes various errors on the same machine is a knick or kink in your FFC cable.

I assume you have dust collection?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!