Thread: Wide wood for sale

Default Wide wood for sale

If folks need wide wood, for signs, or whatever, to run thru their carvewright, then give us a shout.

I do edge glue-ups, in almost all domestic species, and some exotics....in order to get widths over 8", however, I do have some super wide boards right now, up to 12", in Red Oak, Poplar, Purpleheart, Mahogany, and Hard Maple.

To get a feel for the hardness of the different species, check out this chart: http://www.thinboards.com/WoodHardness.aspx

Or, go to our store on Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/ThinBoards. You can check out our prices there, or click on the "custom quote" button.
    As far as I know, we are the cheapest source on the web, for wood.

Thanks for posting. I will keep you in mind.

Awesome....I have so many ideas. If I use the CW on them, I will post. I know I have one. Maybe more.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

One word of caution, not to try and put your post down Turtlecove... I love to use wide boards since I hate doing glue ups, but I have found that sometimes when you do a large carve on a wide board, the result of taking 1/4" or more out of one side is a pretty good cup. No matter how well it's dried, sometimes wood just isn't that stable and can't handle it. Oak and maple is especially bad, cherry not so much and Poplar usually is ok. The only way to combat it is rip the board in half and glue it right back together. Doesn't seem like much, but it usually works and nobody is the wiser. Just speaking as someone with 30+ years of woodworking experience, wide boards are great, just use caution. Good luck!! I actually bought wood from you on Ebay... did you find the shipping material I suggested?
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors