Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rotary lithophanes

I was thinking that I would use the CW to make the parts to hold the pipe in the jig. It might take a few tries to get it right. Maybe a little sanding or tape.

(The parts should really be turned on a lathe. Maybe the rotary jig itself could make the parts.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I was thinking that I would use the CW to make the parts to hold the pipe in the jig. It might take a few tries to get it right. Maybe a little sanding or tape.

(The parts should really be turned on a lathe. Maybe the rotary jig itself could make the parts.)
    I'm going to try your end cap and leave the end cap that I've been using off, do I have to change my settings?

You need to somehow check how true the plug and/or pipe spins. Maybe look at it during calibration or by running the x drive test with the jig in the machine. Watch and see if it runs true.

That is a great idea. Just different diameters for different size pvc pipes.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    You need to somehow check how true the plug and/or pipe spins. Maybe look at it during calibration or by running the x drive test with the jig in the machine. Watch and see if it runs true.
    So what I am thinking, when you do a "eye ball" check you do the settings the same as a regular lithophane, .180 depth and 450 height.

I done the end caps per your m.p.c.. Dan, that was the problem is the end peices were not centered I checked the thicknes of the pipe at the smallest part and was .213 I set my depth at .14 it turn out great .

That is great. Can you post a picture of the setup?

I have been trying to rework my mpc on the rotary base I have the reverse side of the pocket cut at .5 to allow a nut from the light socket to be flush but in doing so I need to go .625 just so the wires do'nt get pinched in the area that I have out lined on the reverse side.

I do not know about the wire pinch. Make the board thicker or add some rubber feet?? I did not like the center cutout from the front with the pocket behind it. Drills are the answer here.

Trying to setup first litho, Question I have is when you turn litho view on are both windows showing the litho view?? I am only getting the litho view on left window?
    Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast