Thread: Touching up centerline letters after carving

Default Touching up centerline letters after carving

I had an issue with a sled I used that I made some time ago in conjunction with a slightly thinner piece of wood - end result was my 60 degree V bit carve didn't go deep enough in the center of the font along a curve. What I'm getting at is has anyone had any experience with touching centerline up by hand after a carving? It's so minuscule I'd hate to waste the piece, then again I'd hate to destroy it trying to fix it. Started with a dremel, afraid of butchering it too much. Any techniques would be appreciated.
    Paul
    -Paul
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain

How about a V shaped carving gouge? The dremel probably won't do a decent job unless you get a V bit for it.

You mean like the hand carving tools correct? I just broke out my set, nothing small enough except for my sharp straight chisel tip thats really thin. This may work but it will be tedious.. wish me luck. Any other ideas feel free to chime in!
    -Paul
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain

You could save it as a pattern and touch it up in Sculptor or the pattern editor but, the carving time would be increased dramatically.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-03-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Steve