I have finally gotten to the stage where I have a real DC unit, rather than my Ridgid shop vac. The Ridgid 16 gal lasted 180hrs and did a good job, but now I hear the bearings whine. (A Shop Vac started to go after 4 hrs - stay far away!!)

So, my question is, has anyone used both the Dust Devil (which I have) AND the Ringneck? I know there are as many opinions as there are people, but I figured if I was upgrading, I would look at the hood at the same time. None of my machine issues have been caused by dust (all sealed components) so I am doing ok - just want it to be the best setup.

Has anyone used both and have a comparison (sorry Erwin!)? PM me so we don't start any Insert Wars

Thanks,
Dian

PS - for any newbies out there - When I was first shopping for DC options, I was shocked at how much the systems cost from places like Woodcraft or Grizzly - that's why I went with the Ridged- pretty effective and cost efficient. Don't know why I didn't think to check Harbor Freight - as we shop there often. In the end, it would have been about the same cost to install the real DC unit w/hose accessories after buying all of the adapters and hoses to get the Ridged to work. Just food for thought.