Thread: Help changing my pattern

Default Help changing my pattern

Can someone take a look at what I created? I am not sure if this could be simplified with all the cuts I have in it. It is my first attempt at creating a carving. I actually would like it to be 1/4 inch instead of 3/8 but, there is no 1/4 bit so not sure if could be done with 1/8. Also, when done it may need to be adjusted some as I am not sure (should be close) if the dimensions are right. It is a part for something I am making.
    Thanks for any help,
    Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've turned into a pattern so you can change it to the size you want. Hope that helps!
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by zan29 View Post
    I've turned into a pattern so you can change it to the size you want. Hope that helps!
    Suzanne
    Sorry tried to open it its blank wow
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

You can substitute the 1/4" ball nose for the straight, when the machine asks for the ball nose put the straight cutter in instead.

here is my attempt
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Default Help changing my pattern

Worked with a guy for weeks that had problem with t-rex cutout. Could NOT figure out why he was having problems and no one else was. His bit turned blue. He WAS using 3/16" bit. Finally, after seeing he never ordered 3/16" from us, figured out he got from someone else that did not have hard pressed collar. He was new and thought it was ok. Carbide bits need CarveTight adapter hard pressed from us. This is a recent incident. One of many we have come across. Adapter does matter.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by dcj View Post
    Can someone take a look at what I created? I am not sure if this could be simplified with all the cuts I have in it. It is my first attempt at creating a carving. I actually would like it to be 1/4 inch instead of 3/8 but, there is no 1/4 bit so not sure if could be done with 1/8. Also, when done it may need to be adjusted some as I am not sure (should be close) if the dimensions are right. It is a part for something I am making.
    Thanks for any help,
    Dave
    I'm not sure what you are trying to make. Do you have an image of the product? You have lots of open lines! I grouped them and this is what I get to see the carving you are trying to make. If you "PM" Me your e-mail maybe I could help you. BJB ---I don't like to post my e-mail on an OPEN Forum --- BJB

Looks like you just joined this Forum; Welcome! Happy to Help you. BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shannon 1.cw.PNG  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 01-25-2015 at 08:31 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Worked with a guy for weeks that had problem with t-rex cutout. Could NOT figure out why he was having problems and no one else was. His bit turned blue. He WAS using 3/16" bit. Finally, after seeing he never ordered 3/16" from us, figured out he got from someone else that did not have hard pressed collar. He was new and thought it was ok. Carbide bits need CarveTight adapter hard pressed from us. This is a recent incident. One of many we have come across. Adapter does matter.
    You are absolutely right, I forget that not everyone knows this.
    I have other adapters (not carvewright) that will hold them as I need the versatility to purchase non carvewright bits when I am on a schedule to finish a project.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

If it opens up with pattern editor you need to add the height for some reason and just enlarge it and it will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by zan29 View Post
    Suzanne

I would do something like this with the 1/8" cutting bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shannon1.png  

Thanks all for your help. I have been out of town working (putting together a MiG 21 down in Mojave). I will be carving this
    on Sunday and if all works out, I will share the project it is a part of. I will be using my original patern. Once again thanks for help/info.