Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with shield and cross

Default Help with shield and cross

I need a little help with this shield and cross if anyone is up to it. I couldn't find the simple shield or this cross in the store or pattern sharing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the low quality of the pic, this is what they gave me.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shield of Faith .png  

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    I need a little help with this shield and cross if anyone is up to it. I couldn't find the simple shield or this cross in the store or pattern sharing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the low quality of the pic, this is what they gave me.

John
    Hi John; I think this should work ? I also made the pattern as a single file. I lost your e-mail, send me a "PM" with your e-mail. I can send you the complete file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shield of Faith Victor image2_DISP-outline.PNG   Shield of Faith - BJB+.png   Shield of Faith - BJB-cw.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 01-21-2015 at 10:02 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Nice job BJB. I have learned to wait for it!!

John,

I am really new at building patterns but did this one fairly quickly. I don't have center line so left the text blank. You can add text using basic designer but I think it would look better with a negative carving. The shield itself also has a slight curve which makes positive reliefs slightly different depths. If someone has center line and feels like placing the text in the shield I would love to have it as well. Hope someone can use this. This is one I will be carving.

I added a picture of the shield on how it would look with text but think a negative carving would look better.

Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shield and cross.jpg   shield and cross w_text.jpg  

Here is what BJB's will look like with puffing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 9.56.03 AM.png  
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

oscarl48, very nice work on the shield and cross.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    John,I am really new at building patterns but did this one fairly quickly. I don't have center line so left the text blank. You can add text using basic designer but I think it would look better with a negative carving. The shield itself also has a slight curve which makes positive reliefs slightly different depths. If someone has center line and feels like placing the text in the shield I would love to have it as well. Hope someone can use this. This is one I will be carving. I added a picture of the shield on how it would look with text but think a negative carving would look better.Oscar
    Oscar; good job. You can get a negative effect by using raster and a negative merge on text. However sometimes when you group for a pattern you can lose the effects. For this pattern to hold I left a positive merged screw outside the pattern . go figure. Also I outlined and used extrude for the curve, merging the "cover shield"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture shield.JPG  
    thanks so much!
    karl

Very nice job, do tell how you do it

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    Hi John; I think this should work ? I also made the pattern as a single file. I lost your e-mail, send me a "PM" with your e-mail. I can send you the complete file.
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Quote Originally Posted by gashawk View Post
    Oscar; good job. You can get a negative effect by using raster and a negative merge on text. However sometimes when you group for a pattern you can lose the effects. For this pattern to hold I left a positive merged screw outside the pattern . go figure. Also I outlined and used extrude for the curve, merging the "cover shield"
    Awesome Karl,
    that is what I was trying for, just didn't have the time to play with it.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

My hat is off to you Karl, that one came out great.
    I rarely download a pattern, this one I did!
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast