Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help with Parker's Place

I created a cutout pattern using a 3/16 bit and put the board back in. It is just a little off but it did work!
    The only thing is when I changed the bit for each cut path I didn't flip the inside of the letters on the top so they are a little thinner than they should be, still looks good but I can tell it's not right. Then because of the wider bit the area between the C and the E (on the bottom) cut completely out, I had to watch closely it as it made the last cutting pass. I think the 1/8 bit would leave a little material to hold that piece in place.
    I'm going to work on the turtle and the owl to try to get some of the details to show up a little better and rerun it when I get a new 1/8 cutting bit. I think I can do better , I'd like to try anyway. I know my mistakes now.
    Hopefully I can figure out how to post a picture from my phone to the computer to the forum with my results.
    Thanks everyone for all the help.

Not sure of the phone you are using, but it should have a memory card or internal memory, which has to to be hooked to pc via a usb port.

I figured out my phone, I just needed to download a program from Samsung called Kries.
    This was my second attempt at carving this. The first was done in Aspen and I wasn't happy with the detail. So I tweeked some of the patterns a little to try to get some things to show a little more.
    This one was in Oak and I like it better. We've bought some acrylic paints so the next step is to sit down with a couple of brushes and give it some color.
    Thank you for the help with the patterns and figuring out why I broke the 1/8" carving bit. I now hold down on the cover when it first does it's checks and starts to carve. Seems to work then.
    Now my wife wants me to make a 5' version of the giraffe that's on the right end. I'm not even sure that can be done. I'll start by reading up on how to do large signs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150201_131431.jpg  

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345