Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help with Parker's Place

I do not understand why the patterns would be any different. Did you chose bit optimization best for the patterns on the board?

The hidden pattern is the penguin. I did not like it but left it on the board anyway. If you go to View - Toolbars - Carving list, you will see it in the list.

Parkers Place2.mpcThe patterns that you posted were great!
    I've put them on a different board and they are just as clear. I guess my question was a dumb one. I thought that if I took those grey images and put them in editor I could adjust the grey scale , or depths, but when I put them in editor especially the giraffe, the image (in editor) is poor. I was just trying experiment with a grey image in editor. Guess I don't understand grey scale or editor.

Regarding the hidden pattern, I see what you mean. I deleted it.

My supervising editor (wife) asked me to move around some of the patterns so here is what the revised patter looks like.
    When I uploaded it I got 3 warnings.
    1 Wide cuts across the width may interfere with the compression rollers.
    2 cut throughs on the top edge will not be completed in order to avoid interference with the roller.
    3 cut throughs along the far left edge may break cutting bits due to board leaving auxiliary roller.
    I increased the thickness of my board from .5 to .75. My pattern is 30x 12 and I plan on using a board at least 37x 13 (maybe 13.75). That should eliminate any problems shouldn't it?
    ( Wow long carve time)

Looks pretty good. Some extra animals around! I changed the maximum pass depth for the cutouts. Most of use do cutouts in a few passes.

As long as your board is 7 in. longer than the pattern and 13 in. wide you should be good. Choose center on board.

Cannot wait to see it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Parkers Place.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you.
    May not get around to running this until next weekend. Workweek and all that stuff ya know. I'll keep you posted

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Looks pretty good. Some extra animals around! I changed the maximum pass depth for the cutouts. Most of use do cutouts in a few passes.

As long as your board is 7 in. longer than the pattern and 13 in. wide you should be good. Choose center on board.

Cannot wait to see it!
    Well bergerud if a .187 or 2.07 posted would help thx
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Sorry Henry, the original mpc was 3 otherwise I would have done it in 1.187.

Ok
    Ran the pattern today, the carved regions turned out great. I used Aspen, its ok probably should have used a harder wood to get more detail
    BUT after an 11 hour carve of the pattern it was time to change bit to the 1/8 cutting. I changed bits hit enter and heard a snap, the cutting bit broke and I got a a z axis error.
    What did I do wrong??
    I'll do another run of the carve but I have to wait till I get another bit, And I don't want it to happen again.
    I did change the board thickness from .5 to .75 but I did that to the pattern before uploading it to the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverfoot View Post
    Ok
    Ran the pattern today, the carved regions turned out great. I used Aspen, its ok probably should have used a harder wood to get more detail
    BUT after an 11 hour carve of the pattern it was time to change bit to the 1/8 cutting. I changed bits hit enter and heard a snap, the cutting bit broke and I got a a z axis error.
    What did I do wrong??
    I'll do another run of the carve but I have to wait till I get another bit, And I don't want it to happen again.
    I did change the board thickness from .5 to .75 but I did that to the pattern before uploading it to the card.
    did you tell it to cut 0.250 per pass like burgarud told you
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

It was set at .260.

Too bad. When did it break? Did it start cutting? Did the motor spin up? Could you post a picture?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast