Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Parker's Place

I downloaded the Shadermap demo last week, just haven't had much of a chance to play with it. At 40 bucks it is a bargain as far as software goes

With the grey scales, you can import them into Designer, PE, or Sculptor and play with them as if they were your own patterns. You can also use other software as well. (Note that you have to save these as .png and then import them to preserve the transparent background. Copy image will work but will create an unwanted background.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SM0wl.png   SMelephant.png   SMgiraffe.png   SMhippo.png  

SMmonkey.png   SMpenguin.png   SMturtle.png  
    Last edited by bergerud; 01-17-2015 at 12:10 PM.

I know this is going off this particular post. but if I was wanting to make a bank out of the hippo pattern and make it 2.25 thick how would I make a stl to slice it. I know we had talked about it before I just can't get a handle on it.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I know this is going off this particular post. but if I was wanting to make a bank out of the hippo pattern and make it 2.25 thick how would I make a stl to slice it. I know we had talked about it before I just can't get a handle on it.
    First, I do not think the hippo clip art pattern is good enough to make a 3d object from.

Second, the "make an STL to slice from a pattern" exercise we have gotten into a few times is really only an academic exercise which is not really of any practical use. The slicing of STL's is a way to take something already created and make patterns out of it. If you have a pattern already, there is no need to make an STL. It would be just going around in a loop. Creating STL's is something I think one would do only as a way to export Designer creations into other CNC software.

If you want to make a hippo bank, just use a (better) hippo pattern to make a double sided carve. If you can find a hippo STL, you could slice it to make the hippo pattern.

I hope that I am making some sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverfoot View Post
    Oops sorry I should have thought of that. Here are some of the ones that I've thought of using, I have my favorites but really like them all. I appreciate anyone looking at them, maybe some (or all) can't be used the way I've envisioned but if you have suggestions I'm all ears. I'd like to be able to paint them all differently so that they really pop.
    Hi; Welcome to this Forum, I find a good way to clean the trash on your line drawing image is to convert it into a Vector image. I use a program called "Vector Magic" - Clean Line drawings work great in a program called "ShaderMap Pro". This gives you a grayscale image that works the "Z" Truck in the CW Unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cute Monkeys PDF P 1.PNG   Cute Monkeys PDF P 2.PNG   Cute Monkeys PDF P 3.PNG   Cute Monkeys PDF P 4 - Vector Path.PNG  

Cute Monkeys PDF P 5 SMP (Two).PNG  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

[QUOTE=DianMayfield;240863]I downloaded the Shadermap demo last week,

aokweld101; I used the Hippo image to make the STL file, it is 25MB in size, If you would like the STL send me a "PM" with your e-mail; I can send it to you if your computer has enough Bandwidth.

Hi, I posted a PDF on how I use the ShaderMap Pro-2 program about a week ago. Did you know you can use the Grayscale images to make a STL file with a program called "MicroCarve 4.0"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SETTING-up Shader Map Pro 2.pdf   MicroCarve e-mail.PNG   HIP Bank - MeshLab image.PNG   HIP Bank 2 +STL IMPORT WIZARD.PNG  

MicroCarve hippo.PNG   HIP Bank 25 MB.PNG  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 01-17-2015 at 04:40 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Both Pattern Editor and Sculptor can export STL meshes. I have tried to come up with a good reason to do this and I cannot. It seems to me that this is a way to export out of the CW system and is not of much use inside the CW system.

You say grey scales. Does pattern editor allow me to play with the grey scales? I've used to clean up the noise on some of patterns that I've imported but never seen anything that allows me to change grey scales.

Grey scales refers to height map files. They could be .png, .jpeg, .bmp, .gif, ... You can import these file types into the PE (File - Import - Import Image File) and edit and make your own patterns from them. If I gave you .ptn files, you would not be able to edit them. Designer would say you do not own them. This way, you own the patterns you make from the height map files and are free to do whatever you like with them.

I've used the grey scale images that you posted for me and imported them into designer then sent them to editor, but the image that I get there is no where near as clear as what you've put on my Parkers Place board.
    I love the sign, and I don't think I'd change a thing, I'm just trying to learn for the future.
    I tried to upload the file and I received a message that one of the carves was hidden, or has zero depth. ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast