Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Parker's Place

Default Help with Parker's Place

I have been working on this sign for my grandson's room. What I wanted to do was bring in the "cute" animals using clip art that I found on line. I've been spending hours in Pattern Editor trying to clean some of the noisy ones up. Some clean up alright and some not so much but I'm still working on them. What I really want to do is have the animals come out off the sign board but all I seem to be able to get when I put them in place is that the outlines of the animals are carved in the board. Did I explain that right?
    I'd really appreciate someone looking at this, maybe I can't do what I want but if there is a way I'd like to know how, for this sign and future projects.
    I'm using 3.0.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

You should post the clip art so others can try their hand at making patterns.

In order for any pattern to stand up off the wood, you have to carve wood away. Draw a rectangle around the region and add carve region.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Oops sorry I should have thought of that. Here are some of the ones that I've thought of using, I have my favorites but really like them all. I appreciate anyone looking at them, maybe some (or all) can't be used the way I've envisioned but if you have suggestions I'm all ears. I'd like to be able to paint them all differently so that they really pop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cute monkey.png   cute turtle.jpg   cute owl.jpg   cute giraffe.gif  

baby penguin.png   elephant2.png   parrot.jpg   hippo.jpg  

Not sure what you mean. isn't that what I have? the area were the figures are is carved down .250.
    Last edited by Sliverfoot; 01-17-2015 at 08:51 AM. Reason: oops

What she means is that behind your characters, there needs to be a carve region..I don't have 3, so I couldn't open yours, but attached is an owl I have. If you like it I will clean up the eyes so they don't pop up so much.
    Owl1.mpcClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Owl1Capture.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	241.6 KB 
ID:	73903

So what she means is select the owl, or what ever other animal, and then assign it as a carve region?
    Yea, like your owl.

This was the perfect job for the Shadermap program. I can post grey scales if you feel you would like to further edit. (That was fun.)

Designer 3.0 file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Parker Place.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bergerud; 01-17-2015 at 11:34 AM.

I believe that when you drag a pattern onto your project, it defaults to .25. That's what I see. Since your characters are all line art, I am not sure what will happen. Mine started as a colored image, I converted to gray scale, then tweeked the grays so it created the different levels in the carve. The eyes in this one should be better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	owl4-2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	73906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	owl2.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	256.2 KB 
ID:	73907Owl2.mpc

That's Awesome! It's just what I was trying to do.
    If you post the grey scales will I be able to work with them if I don't have Shadermap?
    I would love to hear more about the program and know what I can do in the future if I run into this again, but right now I have to sign off for a few hours and help my son with something. I'll check back later and hopefully you'll be on.
    Thank you very much.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast