Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Santa left me a Carvewright.

1. Default

The frame type plaques, are these from a pattern, sure would like to use one or all.

Quote Originally Posted by edsingletary View Post
    The frame type plaques, are these from a pattern, sure would like to use one or all.
    Hi Don; welcome to the CW Forum. I enjoy my CW unit. It keeps this old man's mind active. Edsingletary; Making Frames for Plaques is very easy to do, "make a drawing"; and then I use my ShaderMap program to give the drawing a 3d look.

You need the Grayscale image to make the "Z" Truck work. Any program that gives you that kind of an image will work with the CW Unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frames-Vectors 22_DISP-cw.PNG   Frame 12 SMP.PNG   Frame 22 SMP.PNG   Frames-Vectors 24 SMP.PNG  

Frames-Vectors 22_DISP-.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

3. Default

Guess I need to buy Shader Map. I used the trial version and can't make heads or tails out of it. Another software to conquer. But would be well worth it. I just spent 30 bucks this morning on 3 plaque patterns. Best get busy studying.

4. Default

I bought shadermap 2.1.1 and the screens look nothing like the screen shots you posted. I'm playing with it but man, it is giving me a headache. Gonna quit for a day or so..

Quote Originally Posted by edsingletary View Post
    I bought shadermap 2.1.1 and the screens look nothing like the screen shots you posted. I'm playing with it but man, it is giving me a headache. Gonna quit for a day or so..
    Hi, that's the up-dated version, I have both of them, I'll try to make a PDF file for you on that one. That is a Map program to make depth map patterns. You only need the parts of the program to make the displacement map for the CW Unit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ShaderMap 2 Select image.JPG   ShaderMap 2 P-4.JPG   SETTING-up Shader Map Pro 2.pdf  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 01-12-2015 at 12:27 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Get yourself a 220 grit 6" double sanding mop. If you do a lot of hard hardwood, you will also need a 180 grit. CarveWright sells mops, but I like the ones from the inventor of them, RJR Studios. He sells them thru Sears online, Stick one in your drill press or lathe and most of your prep for finishing can be handled that way. A good way to learn is to get projects from the Pattern Store here on the CarveWright web site. Sort of like training wheels.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

7. Default

BJ thank you, I assumed the displacement map was what I needed, still doing a bit of experimental stuff, like getting past the first screen. Iv a ways to go.

Just a heads up to please keep on topic (see header title) so we do not jumble up what the post is about. If you want to continue on the second topic line please start a new post..

Thanks in advance!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

9. Default

Sorry, never thought about that FW

Boy, I will say one thing, everyone here is very excited about the Carvewright. Thanks for all the input. Looking forward to future discussions.
    Don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12