Thread: Help with layering elements in a project

Default Help with layering elements in a project

Hello Everyone,
    I am fairly new to my CarveWright. I have had it for a year now, but have only recently started to use it for several projects. I have twenty plus years experience using design software like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and FlexiSign Pro. I can work wonders with this software, but I am having a hard time adapting to the Designer software. I am used to working with layers in my other design software. I am trying to translate that concept over to the 3D world of designing. I can't figure out how to layer different elements within Designer. I usually create a design in my other software, export it as an .ai file and import it into designer as a .mpc. If I layer each element in my other software, it does not import into Designer in the same manner. I need to know if there is a way to layer each element depth wise when it is carved. It is tough being able to create anything I want in my other software, yet feeling like I am starting from scratch with the learning process for Designer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mike

You should have no problem getting results from the masters here on the forum. There are several senior members who have knowledge in aspire, and photoshop who can give you great information and knowledge. This is far beyond my limits, but I'm interested in what they have to offer. Good Luck. JOHN