Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gadget Freak

Default Gadget Freak

Carving is not my only activity. Voting is open for Gadget Freak of the Year, and my boat lift controller is in the running. 1st place $6000 prize would be nice, but $2000 runner up would be more than welcome!

http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...dfpLayout=blog

Very creative and useful project. Hope you are a winner!
    dbemus

Neat little gadget, Dick. You got my vote.
    George

All the best of luck. Ya got my vote.

I like the drink delivery vehicle and I think it should win if it really works, but, I do not think it works! The video breaks a few times when it looks like it is about to screw up. I think it spills beer. A gadget has to work. You got my vote Dick.

Vote is in, good luck Dick.

Just cast my vote. Nice job on the remote, Dick. I can see this being a popular gadget as boat lifts are mandatory on my lake and many others... power lifts make the job sooo much easier....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

I'm a segway owner and understand the drink delivery thing. I'm with Bergerud, they still need some work to bring that up to par. I'm also a boat lover, both my sister and brother have boats in their boat houses each with lifts which they have to stand there and hold a button. Love you invention, you got my vote. Good job
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I think you have won it hands down.
    Makes you wonder why someone hadn't built one before.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

The drink thingy does have gadget appeal and clearly is liked by many - I suspect it will be a serious contender.

I actually built the lift control a few years ago, but only recently submitted it. At the time, remotes were offered by some, but none were automated - you had to press a button to keep the lift operating. I did since find one commercially-available automated controller similar to mine. I have thought about commercializing mine, but I would probably need UL approval and need to pass other such hurdles to do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast