Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: parts not being returned for rebuild

Lightbulb parts not being returned for rebuild

I have read several threads on this board where the subject of folks not returning their old parts have caused delays in getting new rebuilds out to other broken machines. As someone who has been down for weeks and now am waiting for my Z Pack to be rebuilt and returned, I have a personal interest in the subject. I can only surmise that in the past, someone, such as me, would have a new (rebuilt) Z Pack sent on its way when the diagnosis said it was needed. I also surmise that because of the folks who were tardy (or didn't return their parts at all) in sending the used parts back, I was not offered to be sent a rebuilt part when my Z Pack was found to be defective. I have a simple solution..... require a deposit on the return of the used part. The Auto stores do this all the time on rebuildable parts. They call it a 'core' charge. I would have gladly put down a core charge to expedite my machine getting back into use. I figure,given the week it took Fedex to get my old part down there and probably the same amount of time to get it back, along with at least a week at Carvewright to rebuild, I could have saved several weeks of down time.

Somebody has got to get control of the processes before they implode from the numbers that are coming. This is fast outgrowing the "Mom and Pop" operation it started out as. Please?

Ernie

Ernie,

I still have a Z-pack from my original machine. I have asked CW FOUR times since December to send a shipping lable so I can send it back to them. Perhaps part of the issue is the CW does not have their process down and some things (people) fall through the cracks. I'm not complaining as I'm not upset about holding onto the Z-pack until a get a return lable, I just wonder how many other folks they forgot to give a return lable to.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Jeff,

Call Mary Rawls. You can depend on her to send you the label, for sure. I suspect there is a lot of layover dependence on that old system, when not everyone on board is in on the procedure, so there is a breakdown in the flow chart somewhere.

Bob

I was notified by phone last week that there was a problem with their shipping department, but it has been figured out and fixed. Give another try.
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

I sent my old parts back and did not have a shipping label.
    The were good enough to send me the parts so I sent
    back the old ones.

But I did request a signature confirmation receipt so not
    to be told I did not return their old parts.
    Computers-Yuk....I should junk it...It never does what it should do...only what I tell it.

Speaking of which, there should be a way (and probably is) for us to check to be sure that parts sent back via DHL or FedEx, etc. does get there. The last I sent (power supply coil and board) had a label, but I forgot to log the number for tracking. I'm guessing it got there, as DHL is normally pretty reliable, but that's it, a guess.

Bob

I am hesitant to send parts back to any company without their shipping lable as most places will refuse unknown shipments. This includes returns without an RMA#. This sounds like it's not the policy with CW.

I'm not worried about the cost of shipping it to them, like Bill said they sent me the parts the least I can do is send them back. I just decided to hold onto it until I get a shipping label (and keep bringing the fact up) until someone at CW pays attention to the small details such as this.

Again, don't get me wrong, I'm not upset and hold no malice towards CW about this. I've been on CW side of this at times and found it was helpful to me when my customers held me to my obligations. I only brought it up in this thread as I wonderd how many other people have Z-packs without return labels.....
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill View Post
    I'm guessing it got there, as DHL is normally pretty reliable, but that's it, a guess.

Bob
    I dont know a couple up here in MI just recieved the wrong package.
    When they opened them up one contained a human liver and the other part of a human head both of which were supposed to be sent to a medical lab. DHL refuses to comment other than to say that its looking into the mixup.
    Why don't they ever clear a neighborhood to plant a forest instead of the other way around.

But did they also get their intended package?
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

Quote Originally Posted by HandTurnedMaple View Post
    But did they also get their intended package?
    Not yet. Possibly it went to the Lab. Im sure DHL will figure it out but I'm still trying to figure out why they even bothered to open the second box before calling the cops. must have really wanted whatever it was the ordered. only think that I can think of that would have been that important would have been a new set of CC bits. lol
    Why don't they ever clear a neighborhood to plant a forest instead of the other way around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast