Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radical depth problems...

bearpause Guest

Unhappy Radical depth problems...

I've been wrestling with this compucarve machine since I bought it... the newest failure is as follows:

The piece begins to carve and about 20% in to the pattern (a graphic) the bit depth triples and carving becomes coarse.

There is only one object in the file and one line of software-generated text below (which renders just fine)...

This is the SECOND time this has happened - after the first time, I replaced the original artwork (a JPG) with a PNG and re-imported the art, so it ISN'T the file.

I'll attach the file and a photo of the failure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carvewrong.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bearpause; 03-12-2007 at 10:35 PM.

Default Same here

I'm having the same problem. I truely believe it's version 1.20 that's doing it. Since I updated I have had nothing but problems. Called Carvewright this morning and was told I would get a call back.....never happened. I'll call again in the morning. I've been hearing that many people are having this problem and hope the address it SOON. I'm making way to much firewood and not enough carvings. My question is, are all these problems using up my warrany hours? Just bought $75.00 worth of wood and trashed half of it......ARG !

Lightbulb Carving depth issues

Okay guys, I have 1.120 installed and have not encountered this issue. I would venture to say it's in your photo. If you save it as a JPG, JPEG, TIFF, GIF, or PNG they "should" have more than one layer. This "could" cause some errors when "Importing" to Designer. This would explain why the text came out nice, and your graphic was trashed.

I save all of my stuff as a Grayscale BMP, then "Import" it to Designer. I've never had any issues with the graphics, just my brain cells sometimes.
    Last edited by Sarge; 03-12-2007 at 10:49 PM.
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

The depth in your .mpc remains constant at 0.00 in Z, so it look slike your image is OK. You might try to do a simple carving of some recessed text accross the board and/or a carved rectangular area (done in Designer) to see if you have the same problem with the depth changing. If the depth stays the same this would point to the machine being OK and something in the way your project is being 'posted' (converted to the machines language) is going wrong (an error in Designer itself)
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Angry Tried that

I carved a simple square region with NO carving in it and had the same problems. By the time it got to the end it was more than a 1/8" deeper and it raised and lowered the depth through out. I say it's the software.

Unhappy Depth issue

OKAY.... now with that presentation, I'd be convinced it's within your software. I haven't experienced this issue. Maybe a loose connection during upgrade is the culprit. I"m not positive, but it would provide an answer.

Sorry I wasn't a big help.
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Default A theory

I believe the answer is a dirty Z Encoder.... See my post on Z Encoder theory.

I don't believe 120 has anything to do with it, it's just part of the encoder is clean and working fine and one segument is dirty at a lower Z position and that is when the problem shows up.

Just a "Theory" while I kick back and smoke a big dog poop cigar.....

LOL....

AL

Next week on Doctor Phill, "Dogs want to know what all the fuss is about smoking dog poop."

I'm having the same issues, never had 'em before 1.120 was introduced. CW hasn't given me any answers either.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Pkunk,
    Did you say in a different post somehere that you flashed your card back to that last software rev ?
    Did that help?
    # 1 Race Car Fan

Default Weather it's 120 or weather it's 120 degrees... That is the question..

And the weather report in New Mexico is? Are we getting warmer....

Wouldn't it be the dog poop's if I am right and as it gets warmer we see a bunch of Z problems....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-13-2007 at 12:17 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast