Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird software glitch or what?

Default weird software glitch or what?

so i layout my pattern in designer virtual board shows along with all i want on carving . i minimize designer and open my google or any other page. click my minimized designer and my board with layout is gone but shows the carving list and pattern along with cutout but the pic of board is gone , black void. any ideas using 2.007. tried with many of my patterns and still same , this just started happening. what could it be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG   Capture.PNG blank.PNG  
    Start U Member

I would try a reinstall. It may be something in the Microsoft stuff. Directx or something.

tried in 1.187 and works fine.
    Start U Member

Reinstall is still quick to try.

have a few things i gotta carve today so i dont want to take a chance and uninstall designer and something go wrong and not be able to reinstall.will try later this afternoon after my carvings are done.
    Start U Member

I would not uninstall, just reinsntall. It will just write over the program files that are there.

not even sure how to do that, i am in the help part on the designer page and do not see anything about reinstal
    Start U Member

that didnt work, i reinstalled and have same issue.
    Start U Member

maybe try restarting your computer. Sometimes things get corrupted for whatever reason and a reboot will cure it.
    A Series machine purchased in 2007
    had 30 minutes running time up till 2-13-15

Ring Neck Blues DC Insert (outstanding job keeping machine clean!), HF DC blower
    Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Pattern Sculptor, STL Importer, Scanning Probe, 2D Vector Drawing Suite, 3D Pattern Modeling Suite, Centerline text, Conforming Vectors, CarveTight Chuck, Decorative Bit set
    Universal Laser ILS series laser engraver with dual laser cartridges 135 watts total with 24" x 48" table and Class 4 module

okay i think i figured it out, a few weeks ago there was a thread about not being able to see grid lines very good and it was sugested to turn off 3-d hardware acceleration .which worked to make grid lines better to see, without that they are faint lines and hard to see. i went back and turned that back on and now the board and carvings come back after i minimize the page then open it back up
    Start U Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast