Thread: Cost

HOMER ALASKA AT THIS TIME TILL HOUSE SELLS

Default Cost

Can someone please give me an idea on how to charge for Lithophane projects. Would I still use a buy the hour as I do with carvings or is there another way? Thank You From Alaska Jim

I use a very simple formula. I charge $1.50 per square inch of carving space and include a finished stand. So therefore if the carved area is 5x7
    I charge $52.00 rounding down so they feel they receive something extra. The actual size of the corian is probably 5x7.25 to allow 1/4 inch to sit
    inside a groove on the window stand. And haven't had a problem with people paying this amount to be "WOW-ED"

Thanks for pointing out my error in ways... I have corrected the cost to read $1.50 per square inch. [sometimes the fingers work faster than the brain] lol.

John
    Last edited by Canemaker; 12-23-2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: mistake in estimate

Not sure Canemaker, but you may have made a slight error in your formula. I am thinking that you are charging $1.50 a square inch. Not much profit in $1.50 a SQ FT dealing with Corian.