Thread: my latest endevor

Default my latest endevor

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dan2.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	73515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dan1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	73516Here is my latest carve and the Guy now wants one to hang outside his store this was for his window , my delema , he wants a sign like I just made here 8 foot by 3 foot ,minus the open closed , so I layed it out and separated the sign in 3 parts , then uploaded the first 8 foot x 12 board and it looked great ,10 hr carve now for the bad part , the second part a 12 hr carve , I went upload it on my blank card and don't you know it wouldn't fit 7777 max and it was 8015 , , so I tried splitting it down to 2 4 foot boards and it didn't match , so I went back and resized the whole thing down to 6 foot x 3 foot and all 3 parts fit using a 14 inch board for part 1 and 11 inch boards for part 2 and 3 each at 10 -11 hr carves but getting it again to line up will be the death of me , any thoughts

Very nice carve,

instead of cutting the carving length-wise, can you make it narrower and still keep the 8-foot length but instead have it 2 6-inch widths for that carve? This should make it easier to assemble than to try to align the boards length-wise.

When you do put it together, biscuits (referenced from the back of the board) should help you with alignment.

Hope this helps, and again- very nice carve
    Last edited by lawrence; 12-22-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Nice job like the colors. Just about as much gray as I have.

danorig.mpcThanks for the input Lawrence and thanks Connie for the incite ill make some adjustments before I start this project and Ill be sure to update as I Go, just concerned in using the(3), 8 ftx12in which he wants and making them 6 instead and making a 6 x12 virtual board which will fit on my card where the 8 foot virtual didn't due to memory , ill overlap and cut down , but ? do I use Keep original size when it comes up ?