Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With Laying Out Pattern

Yes, 2.007 would be the default. (The last Designer installed will be the default.) You would have to open 1.187 first and then open the mpc from inside 1.187. Double clicking on the an mpc or ptn in Explorer will cause the default program to open the file.

As long as you saved the mpc in 1.187, it will be 1.187 format.

WARNING:.... this is a test for the emergency pattern broadcast system....... did it work ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Worked with 1.87. Very good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    WARNING:.... this is a test for the emergency pattern broadcast system....... did it work ?

Thank you, cnc carver for the reply. I've been trying to learn some 3rd party software and it is not easy one thinks. Its like starting the carvewright programs not having a clue on what button to push.

Thanks gentlemen, I just came home from work. I laid out board and will start carving in am, this looks very nice. Thanks again and I will let you know how Ilsa likes it. One other question, on best quality, it takes 10.5 hours. Can you pause a carving and then come back later and restart with no problems. In case I wanted to start this evening for a few hours and finish in AM.
    Dave

it's been awhile since I've done that... lift your lid and when your ready to start put lid down and push start.

Quote Originally Posted by dcj View Post
    Thanks gentlemen, I just came home from work. I laid out board and will start carving in am, this looks very nice. Thanks again and I will let you know how Ilsa likes it. One other question, on best quality, it takes 10.5 hours. Can you pause a carving and then come back later and restart with no problems. In case I wanted to start this evening for a few hours and finish in AM.
    Dave
    yes you can pause a carving. Just press the stop button once to pause the process and for added safety raise the clear cover.
    When ready to start up, close the cover. You will see a prompt about the cover being open, press yes. Then the prompt to continue or abort. Press yes to continue.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The carving came out nice, but, it was a pain in the blank. It was an 8 ft carving and on the best quality was 21 hours. Never got done as it was one axis stall after another. Board was hardwood and I determined it was just to heavy for this fragile little machine to handle (the board was supported well with my shop rollers). I cut it into 3 sections and they all carved fine (7 hours each). However, each carving carved a slightly different size for whatever reason, same carving layout on each of the three pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by dcj View Post
    The carving came out nice, but, it was a pain in the blank. It was an 8 ft carving and on the best quality was 21 hours. Never got done as it was one axis stall after another. Board was hardwood and I determined it was just to heavy for this fragile little machine to handle (the board was supported well with my shop rollers). I cut it into 3 sections and they all carved fine (7 hours each). However, each carving carved a slightly different size for whatever reason, same carving layout on each of the three pieces.
    Howdy,

If they came out different sizes, then you allowed scaling during the initial project setup. If you don't allow scaling, they will come out at exactly the right size. Perhaps the following article may help you avoid that in the future:

Scaling and How to Avoid It! – ISSUE 18 March 2009
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12