Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: connected lines

Default connected lines

Can someone point me to a good tutorial for a connected lines project,? I am trying to draw a shape on a board and cut it out. But no matter what I try, I cant seem to get my shape symetrical?

are you using "snap to grid" ? that will help to keep the lines square with the board as you draw them.

It is under the layout tab at the top of designer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2014-12-15 at 8.01.14 AM.png  
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Hi: Brent, yes I tried snap to grid but that did not seem to help, I tried all sorts of grid patterns down to 1/16 " I will try to post my mpcBase Plate.mpc

As you can see the upper right corner is not square the top line looks wavy , all the angles are off, but when I try to put in the correct value it will through the the whole shape out of whack! I did a search for "connected lines tutorial" and "tutorial for connected lines" but didnt find anything that would help

Here it is. I had to turn some of the restrictions off to move it.
    Sometimes when you do an irregular polygon with snap to grid on you have to make your grid smaller or turn it off to move the fixed angles
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

I don't know if you have the attach to tool but you can use that to anchor your first line and build off of that.
    Brent

OS X Yosemite

Hi Brent: I could not open that file I guess you have a different designer than I do, or a different version I should say. No disrespect intended but I still dont know how to do it myself.

Ye…. sorry about that , I can send again if you like. Anyway just start by anchoring your first line.
    I saw that the top line was only anchored on one end.
    Brent

OS X Yosemite

Thanks Brent

when you do this type of pattern you can't do a mirror pattern, take one half of it and make your pattern do a cut and paste, flip horizontally leaving a gap between the two sides press ctrl to bring both sides up and then connect till it makes a red star then your lines are welded or connected. use base plate 2 I downloaded the your file the fist time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by aokweld101; 12-15-2014 at 09:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast