Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preventive Maintenance - Dust Collection #1

Default Preventive Maintenance - Dust Collection #1

I can't believe that after so many years in the military that spoke of preventive maintenance it took CW to teach me that it really pays off.
    Yes, I thought my machine was the machine that I loved to hate. However, after watching the videos on preventive maintenance and performing the steps correctly, I have this new machine which works like it should. It's amazing how cleaning properly will prevent error messages which can be very frustrating. No more check head pressure, check or clean sensor, just load the correct size board and carve.

Oh, and I totally agree with blhutchens, your fist addition to any CW if not purchased before your CW is a good dust collection system..
    Last edited by Canemaker; 12-14-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: add supporting document

I totally agree.
    Dust collection was the first thing I added to improve all of that.
    Keeping with the maintenance schedule is paramount to keeping em running.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

I added tons of money before buying the dust collection system. My bad! I thought I was saving money........hummmm.........not quite!

I agree with all of you. Just thinking today how much trouble I use to have before purchasing the dust collection system. Machines run day after day with no problems, with dust collector and preventive maintenance.
    dbemus

I also agree first additional purchase or first carving should be dust collector for CW.

Got my dust collector right off the bat, took a bit to get me to cut my clear lid since it was still under warranty so I purchased a new clear lid in case I had to send it back for any reason. I ended up selling the lid after that first year. I jumped at the chance to get a good strong vacuum made by Cincinnati and added the I-Switch. My machine stays very clean, have over 400 hours and the only thing I have to do was change the cut motor brushes. I do keep the bearing and shafts clean and oiled. So now I'm going to go knock on some Wood.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

For those that don't have a dust collector yet. Harbor Freight has a sale on the now. I got a 1hp 12 gallon dust collector for $51 after taxes. The sale is $59.99 and they have a 20% off coupon on their website.

Chris.D514

I loooked for it on the Harbor Freight site... Couldn't find it. Do you have a link possibly?
    Thanks
    Tom
    Custom Built Quilt Hangers and Quilt Racks.

try this one from harbor freight its a little more but with the 4inch hose it works great. http://www.harborfreight.com/13-gall...tor-31810.html with the 20 percent off coupon its right around 100.00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast