Thread: Machine taking 1/16 off surface before carving my pattern

Default Machine taking 1/16 off surface before carving my pattern

This is a simple picture a lady gave me to carve into a header for a bookcase. It is a picture of animated
    zebra's. I have taken feather off and there is no boarder, but, each time I try to carve (depth is .035) it takes about 1/16 off my surface as it is carving my zebra's. I am not too sharp on this software (basic).
    can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zebras 2.JPG  

What height setting are you using? If at 100 try bumping it up to get the pattern closed to the surface.

Side note, most pattern/raster carvings will have a small amount carved off of the surface even though the height setting is set to the max (999).
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

seems like raising the height worked. DickB, am not sure how topost mps as it is not a jpg type file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zebras 2.JPG  

It could be that when you imported the image, there was slight color around your zebras. In the image below, everything brown will carve. You can try lowering the slider to get rid of this background, or delete the background in an image program and save as a transparent png.

If your zebras disappear instead of the background when you lower the slider, invert the image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Background.PNG 
Views:	20 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	73317