Thread: Garage Sign needing some flare…..

Default Garage Sign needing some flare…..

So this being the first Christmas after purchasing a CW, EVERYONE is getting a sign as a gift….everything from bible verses, military theme, and now a garage sign for my brother-in-law. He tinkers with old cars and a few years back built a 3-bay detached garage to separate church and state….or his stuff from the living quarters…ha.

So back to why I am posting…..I'm not looking to pursue the ultimate sign but thought I would ask for recommendations on how to enhance any more. I plan on painting if that helps the thought process.

I would like use a different texture like the sheet metal texture but not sure how to import to fill just the carve region. Help????

Thanks for reading and any suggestions in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I did a diamond plate design for this project: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...680#post202680

I think that would be cool as a background for your sign. I can help you do that if you like.

BTW I would add some draft to your lettering to prevent chipout.

How does this look? I tried to "Puff" the text to .063" but, the file was to big to upload. I also added a texture background but again, to big to upload.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails With Texture.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-06-2014 at 11:21 AM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    I did a diamond plate design for this project: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...680#post202680

I think that would be cool as a background for your sign. I can help you do that if you like.

BTW I would add some draft to your lettering to prevent chipout.
    Diamond plate…I could not think of what it was called so went with the "sheet metal"…ha. I would like to learn how to add for the background…..I will take you up on the offer to to help with any guidance.

Draft….I need to research this as well...

Thanks so much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    How does this look? I tried to "Puff" the text to .063" but, the file was to big to upload. I also added a texture background but again, to big to upload.
    It looks pretty daw gone good! I'm only working with Designer 3 so don't have the ability to puff until I get the add-on. I really appreciate your help and time.

So I figured out how to add the diamond plate texture. I played around with different depths for the text and crossed pistons but can seem to figure how to keep the diamond plate texture from bleeding into the text and pistons….any recommendations?

Well I can't look at your pattern since I don't have the same version, but are you using the merge function? Select all the elements and try additive merge. That usually works for me, but I am not a pattern expert like a lot of guys here. Good luck.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

I added some flare to your pattern... I had to down size so it would fit on the forum if you pull one of the four yellow arrows on the corners to make the size you need. and its in a zip folder

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    Well I can't look at your pattern since I don't have the same version, but are you using the merge function? Select all the elements and try additive merge. That usually works for me, but I am not a pattern expert like a lot of guys here. Good luck.
    I tried the merge function "additive" but didn't pull out all of the diamond plate. I even added to the height of the text but still no joy. I'm thinking I need to adjust the diamond plate texture somehow. Thanks for your input, I see someone else has commented as well so hoping to solve the mystery soon..ha.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I added some flare to your pattern... I had to down size so it would fit on the forum if you pull one of the four yellow arrows on the corners to make the size you need. and its in a zip folder

Thanks AOK…looks much better. Amazing what a little tweaking will do. I guess I am going to have to bite the bullet and get the add-on that allows me to puff as I have had other projects that I could have used it before now but decided to hold off. Sounds like a good Christmas present..ha. Thanks again.