Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Import and CUT out pattern

bergerud , Could I possibly talk you into making a couple of mpc,s for me? I will gladly pay you for your time, I cant afford the 200$ for the DXF software right now, since I only need two gears that I will use all the time.
    The sizes I need are Large wheel- 12 inch dia. 50 tooth Small gear 2 inch and some way of marking the centers so I can hand drill them. If you cant no problem, no pressure Thank you sir!

No problem. I am at work now. I will do it when I get home. Since we both have gear generator 3, maybe you could make the gears you want, save and upload the .gear file to the forum. You would have to zip it.

Thanks bergerud I will grt right on it!

Here are the gears. I had trouble with the small gear. The dxf from gear generator caused the DXF Importer to crash. I had to import and export through another program to fix it. (Poor code from the gear generator I suppose.) Also, it is hard to center the small gear since it has a odd number of teeth!

I was thinking that, on the big gear, you might want to make the spokes thicker and make a boss for the crank handle.

Anyway, see how these work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks bergerud: I will cut them out first thing in the morning, by the way I tried the tape on the MDF and the gear came out much better!!

Dan well done as usual ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

@bergerud : I cut out the mpc,s this afternoon, and I must say they are 10 times better than the hand cut one,s I did. Although they still dont quite mesh as well as I would like, Taht being said I dont think it,s the mpc,s. I think I need to add more head pressure( have to look up a tutorial) and take three passes instead of two. I noticed when the machine was doing 1/8 in passes there was very little vibration on the drive shaft. I also think a3/16 bit would be better. But all in all I am a happy camper please let me send you some money for your effort, Thank you very much!!!!

That is great. No money required! Just post some pictures when you get another one made.

(By changing the inset, you may be able to tweak how the gears mesh.)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345