Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Import and CUT out pattern

OK my frustration level is going off the charts, I cant find a tab anywhere to remove image background, Steve I watched your tutorial and was able to do that with a random pattern, no problem, but I still cant get my gear to work. grrrrrrrrr....

In pattern editor there are two arrows at the top use them to lower the pattern until the background goes away then save it.

Brent
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

I think you have to get the gear generator to output a DXF format instead of a bitmap picture. If you cannot do that, maybe you could post the bitmap itself and we will see what can be done.

ON post no. 8 I placed an MPC

Is this the type of thing you want?
    Attached Files Attached Files

And thanks Brent for your help, I was able to get rid of the background ( finally) but what I was left with was pretty ragged looking, I mean if that is what my gear is going to look like I might just as well use an axe!!

@ bergerud, Almost, why does yours look so good?

I have Gear Generator 3 (which I assume you are using as well). I export from the gear program as a DXF (vector file not a bitmap file). I then import the DXF into Designer using the Carvewright DXF importer.

I think you need to buy the DXF importer if you want to get into cutting out gears.

You need 6 spokes?
    Attached Files Attached Files

so the problem is with the gear generator? I guess I will have to go back to square one, and try again. Thank you all for trying to help!

The problem is with the process. Bitmaps are no good. Do you have the DXF Importer? (Sorry out now for dinner.)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast