Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Import and CUT out pattern

Default Import and CUT out pattern

Hi Iam new to the forum, purchased a rebuilt machine so I could cut out gears, I have a gear generator, I can get the gear into the designer OK but I cant get the cut path tool to highlight. I searched the forum quite a bit and couldnt find anything that would help me. Can some one please show me the proper procedure, Thank you in advance
    Fred

Go to the top of the screen in designer under view and toggle non-endpoint to see it is a closed vector. The cut out tool will not work if there are non endpoints in your vector

Brent
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Make sure you are highlighting the gear pattern and outlining it. If done and still no cut path tool the do as Brent stated.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks for your responses I will give those a try, and report back if I have it figured out!

OK I tried Those things and still no luck, I believe its something I did wrong in the pattern editor, thats not letting me do a cut path. Here is what I did, meybe someone can help me out. I imported the picture of my gear to paint, then I saved it to my pictures, and then imported it to project designer, I had to invert it to get it to show, but no cut path? Help!

With out seeing it it is kind of hard to say. Maybe you can post either the project file or the image.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

7. Default

if you are trying to do it from a ptn then you need to highlight the ptn and go to tools and then choose outline patterns then when it outlines your gear (it may have more than one outlines) pick the one that fully outlines the gear, then once you choose that one you can then choose the cut path option. If this does not work then you need to post the MPC or the PTN or even the MPW from pattern editor, with any one of these we can see what is happening better, other than that it is all guessing.

12 inch gear.mpc @ FW Harris I am not sure i got this right, I may have to try several times

You have to remove the image background so that just the gear is the pattern. When importing the image into designer use the "lower" button in the import window.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Quote Originally Posted by freddy12 View Post
    OK I tried Those things and still no luck, I believe its something I did wrong in the pattern editor, thats not letting me do a cut path. Here is what I did, meybe someone can help me out. I imported the picture of my gear to paint, then I saved it to my pictures, and then imported it to project designer, I had to invert it to get it to show, but no cut path? Help!
    Here is a link to a short video that I made awhile back. It may help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0j...ew?usp=sharing
    Steve

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast