Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Import and CUT out pattern

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Import and CUT out pattern

Hi Iam new to the forum, purchased a rebuilt machine so I could cut out gears, I have a gear generator, I can get the gear into the designer OK but I cant get the cut path tool to highlight. I searched the forum quite a bit and couldnt find anything that would help me. Can some one please show me the proper procedure, Thank you in advance
    Fred

Go to the top of the screen in designer under view and toggle non-endpoint to see it is a closed vector. The cut out tool will not work if there are non endpoints in your vector

Brent
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Make sure you are highlighting the gear pattern and outlining it. If done and still no cut path tool the do as Brent stated.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If you tell me exactly the gear parameters you want (screen capture of the gear generator?), I can import the gear and post the file for you. That way you can give it a try before you commit to the $200 for the DXF Importer. (Alternatively, if you post the gear generator DXF we can import it into Designer for you.)
    Last edited by bergerud; 12-05-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Thank you Sir: But I now have other problems, my machine which I just took out of the box is giving me an error message Y axis stall. When it rains it pours!!!!

Thanks bergerud I will grt right on it!

Thanks for your responses I will give those a try, and report back if I have it figured out!

ON post no. 8 I placed an MPC

@bergerud Thank you, would it be possible to cut the last one you posted? I am interested to see how clean the detail will be on the teeth? I am not asking you to cut it , it looks like I will have to change the board size!

Well I cut the gear, there are some issues with it, I believe the bottom traction rollers are slipping not sure though. One side of the gear looks pretty good, the other half not so good. I will attempt to put up some picturesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FP GEAR 004 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	252.7 KB 
ID:	73258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FP GEAR 006 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	256.8 KB 
ID:	73259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FP- GEAR#2 001 (640x480) (640x480).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	73260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FP- GEAR#2 001 (640x480).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	73261

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast