Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ran across a new source for bits

If I wouldn't live right across a US border, my shipping cost from CW would be 45$, the price of one bit. I can imagine how frustrating it must be for other Canadians that are not so lucky. I offered Cw to sell parts here in Canada but never got an answer. They're missing out on a huge market.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    That seems crazy they can offer parts on Amazon with free shipping but charge any order from them 12-24 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    That seems crazy they can offer parts on Amazon with free shipping but charge any order from them 12-24 shipping.
    Amazon has a whole, crazy shipping infrastructure where they have minimized costs. Too big for a small firm to manage. BTW, in my experience it usually works, but not always. We have had a few issues with missed or very much delayed shipments from Amazon.

3. Default

There is one guy here on the forum that offers to sharpen bits but he has like a 5 bit minimum and the price is not that great. You can search the forum for him. For the most part they are not sharpened. I only buy bits from other than CW because their price is high and more importantly their shipping is way too high. Also their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Connie is good but the rest of the company seems to not care. You can ship a Bit with tracking for less than $3 with the postal service yet CW charges $12. A priority mail envelope is only $5.95. Even with a 25% profit added to these costs it is still well below $12.00 which is the minimum shipping cost for LHR. I know this because I sell on etsy and amazon and I don't even use amazons fullfillment program I ship the items myself and so I still am able to offer free shipping and incorporate the cost into what I charge for the item.

Kevin did a YouTube video on sharpening them.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

5. Default

Just ordered 2 bits from Amazon and free shipping and 2 day shipping at that. I have been waiting a week for a power supply, a week is a long time this time of year to be out of business. Wish Amazon had all the parts.

6. Default

Does Carvewright have a two inch cutting bit so as to use a cut path for boards thicker than a inch+ Thank Bert

No, only deep carving bits.

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    There is one guy here on the forum that offers to sharpen bits but he has like a 5 bit minimum and the price is not that great. You can search the forum for him. For the most part they are not sharpened. I only buy bits from other than CW because their price is high and more importantly their shipping is way too high. Also their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Connie is good but the rest of the company seems to not care. You can ship a Bit with tracking for less than $3 with the postal service yet CW charges $12. A priority mail envelope is only $5.95. Even with a 25% profit added to these costs it is still well below $12.00 which is the minimum shipping cost for LHR. I know this because I sell on etsy and amazon and I don't even use amazons fullfillment program I ship the items myself and so I still am able to offer free shipping and incorporate the cost into what I charge for the item.
    Lovejoys. I contacted him the other day and have heard nothing back. When you have a stockpile of bits it sucks to not have anything to do with them.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Since I just received my new bits I Just received an e- mail from carvewright. 20 % off Sale on bits. They did the same thing after I bought the carve tight spindle. Way to through salt in the wound!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by widget223 View Post
    Since I just received my new bits I Just received an e- mail from carvewright. 20 % off Sale on bits. They did the same thing after I bought the carve tight spindle. Way to through salt in the wound!
    Let us know when you buy 3.0 ! LOL , Sorry had to do it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast