Thread: Flash card

1. Default Flash card

I ordered some new flash cards at 55.99 a pop. Two of them work ok, one does not. When plugged into the programmer and I try to format the new card I get an error message (see screen shot).
    When I try to flash it with the firmware for the version I am using I get another error, notice the word "BAD" in the screen shot. I was told to call the office as they handle DOA's.
    So I call. They ask what version I'm using and I say 1.86. I'm told that they won't guarantee it unless I'm using designer 1.87.

So I switch to 1.87. Same errors. If the card is bad I'm not sure what difference the software version would make or why the other two work ok.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenprint1.jpg   screenprint2.jpg   screenprint3.jpg  

TerryT call me next Monday when I'm in the office I'll take care of it. We are short handed up there with only Israel being the regular call center tech. Others are filling in for us.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

3. Default

Ok, but I'm a little gun shy when it comes to calling. When I called to order these pricey little guys I was basically told that I was wasting his time and should do it myself on the web store. I won't go into detail about why I don't want to use your store.
    So my question is are we customers NOT supposed to call on the phone to order parts?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Ok, but I'm a little gun shy when it comes to calling. When I called to order these pricey little guys I was basically told that I was wasting his time and should do it myself on the web store. I won't go into detail about why I don't want to use your store.
    So my question is are we customers NOT supposed to call on the phone to order parts?
    Same here... Some of us like to communicate our order and I was told the same thing as if I was a bother when ordering the controller, so I didn't ordered the controller. I will wait for them to get my old controller, which I sent last week. My conversation was brief with Israel "I believe", but I'm still a little confused! In one statement when I asked him if the controller was NEW or reconditioned he stated there new, but at the same time he will take my core to be reconditioned, so will the controller be reconditioned or new? I agree some extra help is needed at carvewright.

5. Default

Their job would be so much easier if those pesky customers would stop getting in the way. LOL
    Last edited by TerryT; 11-29-2014 at 10:30 PM.

6. Default

Received the new card today. Thanks. I just don't know why it had to be so difficult.
    Last edited by TerryT; 12-09-2014 at 10:18 PM.