Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carving to much out of the pattern

Default Carving to much out of the pattern

Im not sure how to word this problem but Ill try. I am carving plaques for our local basketball team. The wood I am using comes from the old court. I did a set of these plaques about a year ago and have been asked to do more. Its real simple design it is the name of the high school, the players name, jersey #, and a basketball. I carved 3 of them yesterday without a flaw and started today and the first one just carved out a circle where the basketball should be . I made sure everything was cleaned, rechecked my pattern to make sure I didn't have any issues there and proceeded to do a different one just to have the same results. I am at a loss as to what to do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7210.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	73234< This is what it started doing this morning. This > is how it should come out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7211.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	73235

Thank you
    Ambrose Stapleton

2. Default

Probably corrupted file or memory card. I would reformat the card and re upload the mpc. Then when I have problems like this I do a test on a piece of scrap or something besides my good material.

Thank you. I will try that and stupid me I didn't even think about using a scrap piece of wood.

Ambrose

I reformatted the card and put a different plaque pattern on it and it did the exact same thing. Is there a way to check to see if the card is corrupted.

Ambrose Stapleton

Can you post the mpc? Someone else could give it a try.

I'm concerned about the flex in your carving medium.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

#22.mpc Here's one of the MPC's. I have about 24 of them, three of them carved well but then one of them decided to t carve properly and I have tried various others to find out they don't want to care properly. Thi8s is the second set I've done for this coach from the high school. The medium I carved on is part of the old basket ball court. The school is undergoing renovations and the GYM was being rebuilt and they replaced the court. I had no problems with The first set I did about a year ago.

Today I'm going to try and carve something completely different and see if that will work. I'll post the results.

Ambrose Stapleton

I thought the basketball was a V bit cut. It was a carve! Maybe you should jog to touch so you can touch where the ball will be carved. I think Connie may be right, the boards are not that flat.

(I would make the ball out of curves and use the V bit on it as well.)

9. Default

Try this one, I removed the carve and put a ball made out of vectors and assigned the v-90 bit. So you will not have to change bits, the whole thing will be done with the the same bit you used for the lettering.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7242.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	999.4 KB 
ID:	73285Thank you for the help. I tried making my own basketball but failed miserably at it. I will work on this some more tomorrow. Thank you once again for the help. I finished a different carve and it came out really nice. So I am really hoping this is operator error and not my machine breaking down again.

Thank you
    Ambrose Stapleton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast