Thread: First Few Projects

1. Talking First Few Projects

Enjoying my first week of carving, minor issues that the forum search was able to resolve.

Thanks All.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03936.JPG   DSC03952.JPG   DSC03955.JPG   DSC03957.JPG  

John,
    The pictures were a little bit small but looked good. Were the carvings of the dogs on plastic? What are the details of what you did?

Default 1st few

Spud, where did you pick up the Mach I? I have been working on one for a month now and just can't seem to get it showing the detail you have shown? My pics are from my old "69" pics. Mind sharing your secrets to get the final result? I have also been working on pics of my dogs and same result. Not seeing the detail I see on you dogs.
    Placed 1st and 3rd in the 2011 Desert Woodcarvers Show

www.customwoodcarvingllc.com

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rgant05 View Post
    John,
    The pictures were a little bit small but looked good. Were the carvings of the dogs on plastic? What are the details of what you did?

The limits on the size on the forum I could not upload any bigger pictures. If you pm me your email address I will send you a full size pic.

The carve was done on 1/4" solid surface plastic material.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Azbear View Post
    Spud, where did you pick up the Mach I? I have been working on one for a month now and just can't seem to get it showing the detail you have shown? My pics are from my old "69" pics. Mind sharing your secrets to get the final result? I have also been working on pics of my dogs and same result. Not seeing the detail I see on you dogs.

One thing I have learned is the depth of the carve is like cologne, less is more.

Turns out the 1/4 depth cut in the maple was to much, in the solid surface it was a 1/8 cut. Both projects used the 1/16" bit not he 1/8" bit.

I found the 69 mustang off of Google images.