Thread: bit depth does not match

Default bit depth does not match

keep getting this error with cutting bit, tell it to proceed anyway and all it does is shave a little off the cut path, cant really find any info on fixing this. any help deeply appreciated. carving works fine.

In this case it is all about the Z....

The error is because the Z reading at the bit change did not match the first time you loaded the bit.

This can be caused by a few things....

The Z Encoder might be dirty on the back of the servo motor. The clear disk has lines that block a photo transistor and LED Light in the slit slot. Each line makes a pulse. A easy test is to call up the sensor data after holding the Z head up at the top pin. When you call up the z data it will be Zero or 0000 at that location. As you move the head it will start to count.... 0001, 0002, 0003.... To test move the head up and down a few times looking for steady conunting then back to the top pin... IF all is well, back at the top pin should be 0000 again. If not... A loose belt, Loose Motor Screws, Loose Belt screws to z Truck, Loose CLEAR Disk inside the Encoder and lastly a dirty encoder wheel....

Many have had to add a drop of glue to keep the clear disk from spinning on the servo shaft.

A bad FFC Cable can do it too....

Let us know.... When you say YES to refind, it will use the latest data.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06291.JPG   DSC01476_WEB.jpg   DSC01478_WEB.jpg   DSC07498_WEB.jpg  

DSC06551_WEB.jpg   DSC06552_WEB.jpg   DSC06541_WEB.jpg   DSC06547_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-25-2014 at 10:21 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

which is the ffc cable?

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    keep getting this error with cutting bit, tell it to proceed anyway and all it does is shave a little off the cut path, cant really find any info on fixing this. any help deeply appreciated. carving works fine.
    I think you have to explain exactly what happens. Is this a two bit project? Did you see the cutting bit touch the bit plate each time it tried? Rock chuck? Software version? We need more info to make a guess as to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I think you have to explain exactly what happens. Is this a two bit project? Did you see the cutting bit touch the bit plate each time it tried? Rock chuck? Software version? We need more info to make a guess as to the problem.
    sorry, still new at the machine not sure what i need to put. It only has a few hours on it but have had issues with this error before but have gotten it to work after a couple of tries. Very simple project with a carve and a cut, have only basic bits, 1/16th carving and 1/8 cutting. It loads the carving bit fine and carves fine, but when it asks to change to cutting bit and i put it in it tries to find it and gives me the error. Have not watched to make sure it touches the bit plate, will try again and see. its a standard new cx machine running 1.187.