Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few commissioned projects

Very nice indeed Dick. Very steady hands when painting.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Beautiful carving and finish!
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Have to agree with the others nice and the feet did you make them
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Wonderful work!

Thanks all. This was a challenging but fun project. The 45 degree miters on the box sides had to be cut with great precision, and of course one mistake could ruin hours of work and expensive stock. I think I made five passes with scrap to get my table saw set right.

The feet are antique brass. I googled "brass jewelry box feet" images, selected one that I thought matched the original and the customer would like, and followed that link. This particular set came from a Chinese seller through Etsy. They had a few minor defects that required touch up with a Dremel cut-off wheel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6307248.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	903.3 KB 
ID:	73286 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6307249.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	73287

Quote Originally Posted by mikemi View Post
    Very nice indeed Dick. Very steady hands when painting.

Mike
    That's the beauty of this design; it doesn't require exceptional skill to paint. The decorative carves are indented, not protruding, so if you stray a little you can let the paint dry and sand away the paint that spilled onto the smooth surface with a piece of flat sandpaper and not touch paint in the recessed carved area. The stripe on the cover was done with pinstripe masking tape to get it straight.

Thank you Dick,, did look it up , they do come from china, I will be getting a few set great ideal
    Henry

Another take on the "Matilda" box. I used 6/4 black walnut lumber on the original, but since redesigned the project to use standard boards - cherry for this one. Assembly is a bit more difficult, as these pieces must be trimmed with 15 degree cuts top and bottom, the sides slope inwards at 15 degrees, and the beveled ends are not quite 45 degrees to make this work. These bevels must be very precisely done. Instead of carved designs like the original, this one uses some unique dingbat fonts, Centerline, and conforming vectors.

Name:	20161003_164356.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	82053

Very pretty design!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Another take on the "Matilda" box. I used 6/4 black walnut lumber on the original, but since redesigned the project to use standard boards - cherry for this one. Assembly is a bit more difficult, as these pieces must be trimmed with 15 degree cuts top and bottom, the sides slope inwards at 15 degrees, and the beveled ends are not quite 45 degrees to make this work. These bevels must be very precisely done. Instead of carved designs like the original, this one uses some unique dingbat fonts, Centerline, and conforming vectors.

Name:	20161003_164356.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	82053

what you going to use them for what project
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    what you going to use them for what project
    Take a look at post #7.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast