Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: loons on the lake

Looks like the oval is part of the pattern. You've distorted the shape so that the proportions are out of whack in my opinion. By the way you have used the additive and subtractive tools, your lettering is piecing clear through the board (click on Rear View and see for yourself) - do not carve this. If it were me, I would do something like the attached with the lettering. Also, it appears you have ignored my warning about the middle carve and have not added "rails". Good luck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loon top modified.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	594.0 KB 
ID:	72948
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Looks like the oval is part of the pattern. You've distorted the shape so that the proportions are out of whack in my opinion. By the way you have used the additive and subtractive tools, your lettering is piecing clear through the board (click on Rear View and see for yourself) - do not carve this. If it were me, I would do something like the attached with the lettering. Also, it appears you have ignored my warning about the middle carve and have not added "rails". Good luck.

Name:	loon top modified.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	594.0 KB 
ID:	72948
    thanks dick , I have not carved it yet and I will take your advise , I noticed the cut thru after I laid it out maybe this weekend ill be able to start it ,still have to make rails yet < those letters look great what are they

Your lettering; all I did was set the Merge Style to Normal, adjust depth and maybe height, and added some Draft.

Name:	IMG_0849.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	73070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0848.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	73071Thanks to dick my first 3 board carve

Well done.

dave

You did a terrific job with the Loons On Lake pattern. Like the "torched" effect.

7. Default

where can i find the pattern of loons on lake i really like it

Quote Originally Posted by Intransittwo View Post
    where can i find the pattern of loons on lake i really like it
    The vendor, Vectorart3D, was/is a vendor in the pattern depot store but some of their patterns are no longer for sale there.. But you can find it on there web site store
    https://store.designandmake.com/shop/product/8466
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

9. Default

Thank you for the info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123