Thread: Designer Patterns and Textures Question

Default Designer Patterns and Textures Question

Still getting comfortable with Designer, it's been a battle - I started trying to run before I walked and have been trying to overcome that for a while now. My question is that in the pattern library I have two sets of basic patterns - in all three versions of designer 1, 2 and 3, as well as the same )doubles of each) for textures, I also don't have the newer textures like stone, water etc.

I'd also like to sort and categorize some patterns, in favorites and do some folders for special projects.

Any help will be appreciated.

By way of introduction I live in Nebraska, had my machine since 2009 mostly upgraded software and the machine, made my first carving yesterday (love, live, laugh tutorial) and looking forward to much more use in the future since I retired, and looking for opportunists to make a couple of bucks with my machine as well.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Sconi View Post
    Still getting comfortable with Designer, it's been a battle - I started trying to run before I walked and have been trying to overcome that for a while now. My question is that in the pattern library I have two sets of basic patterns - in all three versions of designer 1, 2 and 3, as well as the same )doubles of each) for textures, I also don't have the newer textures like stone, water etc.

I'd also like to sort and categorize some patterns, in favorites and do some folders for special projects.

Any help will be appreciated.

By way of introduction I live in Nebraska, had my machine since 2009 mostly upgraded software and the machine, made my first carving yesterday (love, live, laugh tutorial) and looking forward to much more use in the future since I retired, and looking for opportunists to make a couple of bucks with my machine as well.

Martin
    Martin,

Great to see you finally got the machine out of the box and got a carving done!

On your duplicate patterns in your library, you will need to remove one of the favorites files that is located in your "owner/carvewright" folder on your hard drive. Most likely there are two there. One will be just "favorite" and the other will be "favorite with some numbers". Delete the one with the numbers.

To organize your favorites patterns in the pattern list, with the pattern list open on the right side in designer, right click on the "favorite" heading and select "new". Type in the category name you want and select OK. Expand the favorite list and then you can drag and drop your patterns into the categories you have made.

For the new "materials" that are in 3.xxx you might need to activate the tool or you can get to them under "tools" icon.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I am in Mo. Valley IA have a shop I work out of be glad to give you some help if you get to MV some time.
    Gary Rodewald
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Might have to, just carved a two sided frame, the second one the first turned out fine, but I broke it while sanding, the second was way off the board, across the 3.5 inch board added to the end, so I wasted a couple of hours on that.......

I figured out how to find the new materials, but I can't find a folder with the duplicate woods and basic in the pattern library. Not sure where else to look.