Thread: No card number for your Craftsman Club discount?????

Default No card number for your Craftsman Club discount?????

Help is on the way!

If your Sears store policy is to honor Craftsman Club discount only with a card number, and you either

1. lost your card

2. recently signed up and don't have your card.

You can:

1. You can ask your store if they can look up your card membership under your phone number---it usually takes four/five days for a membership to show up under a phone number, so a store can usually find even recent signees this way.

2. You can call the Craftsman Club hotline at 1.800.682.8691, and be put on hold for a million years, but *finally* talk to a person who can look up your club number for you.

Please note----you *must* have the actual card number for an internet Craftsman Club discount, so you'll have to call the Craftsman hotline and get the actual card number before you place your internet order.

Don't forget---CompuCarve for $1699.99 with your club discount through 3rd March! Buy, buy, buy!

Linda
    Sears Tool Consultant
    Last edited by LZee; 03-02-2007 at 07:51 AM.

I recently signed up for my card, and I called the hotline and am not in the system yet. I will call again tomorrow, to see if I'm there, but here's my question:

I bought my machine two weeks ago on sale for $1804. Do you think I'll be able to use the price protection to get the Craftsman club discount, even if I don't end up having a number until after the 3rd? It's only about $112 with tax, but that would buy a few bits or some nice lumber.

When I bought my machine back in Jan. I showed my card to the cashier and it came up in the system as not a valid account anymore. maybe explains why my wife still gets the catalogs in her name but I don't recieve them anymore.
    Anyhow the cashier just used the store card to give me the discount but in Feb. the tool dept at my local sears joined the lawn & garden dept. in working for commision which might be why they are now reluctant to give the discount as it might affect their commision.
    Why don't they ever clear a neighborhood to plant a forest instead of the other way around.

Or get a cool salesperson who will scan it under their card number like I did.
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

Quote Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
    it might affect their commision.
    It would affect their commission more to lose the sale completely. Maybe worth pushing the associate to use their card number.

"I bought my machine two weeks ago on sale for $1804. Do you think I'll be able to use the price protection to get the Craftsman club discount, even if I don't end up having a number until after the 3rd?"

This will vary from store to store---but most stores will honor the thirty-day price match with Craftsman Club. We do.

And if your store will honor the Craftsman Club discount under the thirty-day price match, then they should certainly honor it if you are a recent signer-upper---just tell them when and where you signed up, give 'em your best Bambi eyes, and they should price adjust the $$$.

"Or get a cool salesperson who will scan it under their card number like I did."

Yikes---if it's club days, there's a manual club discount option to ring up the discount. It's there especially for you new signer-uppers, so you can have your discount right off the bat. Your tool guys should know all about that.

(But it's true, our cards are faster, and we are definitely lazy, so it's easier sometimes to use our numbers).

And trust me---commission on $1699.99 is nearly as sweet as commission on $1899.99!

Linda
    Sears Tools

Default Much Ado About Nothing...

I went back to my Sears and encountered the same sales associate who sold the unit to me. He was more than happy to do it as a price match ($105 difference) + 10% of the difference ($10.50) plus tax. He was very friendly and remembered the sale, it being one of three CompuCarves that this particular Sears had sold. Money good for a bunch of router bits.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong. My Sears experience has been good. My unit is working. The quickroute bit adapters were in stock. I just don't get it.

The Bard Guest

I wish I got some kind of commission... bleh.