Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pattern help

Default pattern help

ok im having a senior moment , I found this pattern for a jewelry box in my patterns it says board size is 32x11x0.75 and wanted to do it on a piece of nice 1 inch cherry , the board is 36 x 11.25 , when loaded it says the board is to thick , any help would be appreciated in making this work ,do I stay under rollers or not , and when it gets to the prompt board to thick to cut thru it says abort or continue ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

To keep the board under the rollers to prevent breaking the cutting bit you will need to add some tail stock to the ends of your real board that will get you at least 7" longer (3 1/2" on each end). Or you can break the mpc parts down into individual carves pieces and do the individual pieces in a jig/sled.

For the cut out I would select continue
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks for the insite , I was going to add to the piece to make the 7 needed but the cut thru was the issue , I thought it was something on the pattern that need to be adjusted for the 1 inch cherry

Not sure I understood properly but you cannot cut through a 1" board unless you have the long cutting bit. The reason why you keep getting the "board too thick" message. If you continue you might end up with a broken bit or damaged spindle....who knows!

You can cut through a 1" thick board with the 1/8" cutting bit (there is no long cutting bit). I think the message is because the project is on a 3/4" board and the machine finds a 1" board. Can you not just change the board thickness to 1" in the mpc before you upload to the card?

Bergerud there is a long 1/8" cutting bit.....just got this from the CW store. Why do the manual say we can't cut no more than 3/4"?? I'm a bit confused here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

That is a long CARVING bit not a long cutting bit.

Quote Originally Posted by zan29 View Post
    Bergerud there is a long 1/8" cutting bit.....just got this from the CW store. Why do the manual say we can't cut no more than 3/4"?? I'm a bit confused here.
    That is a 1/8" carving bit. There is only one 1/8" cutting bit and it has 1" of cutting edges. (I do not know where you read the 3/4".)

Regular carving -> 0.8" max depth

Deep carving -> 2.125 max depth

Cutting -> 1" max depth

9. Default

I believe you need to have designer version 2.0 or greater to use the long cutting and carving bits.

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    I believe you need to have designer version 2.0 or greater to use the long cutting and carving bits.
    There are no long cutting bits. There are only long carving bits.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast